11 March 2012

Bride with a Paper Ring

This post has nothing to do with nothing. Doesn't really relate to the Rabbit Hole in any real sense. Yet? I am sharing it with you. Because I can be an oversharer sometimes.

I mentioned in my last post that I'm dreaming again. Very vivid dreams. Dreams in which I can feel touch, smell smells, and in which I experience a wide range of emotions. For instance, last night I was ecstatic as well as annoyed. The details are rich, and extremely life like. It's quite odd, because even when my life was pretty even keel I didn't dream like that. When I was in the thick of all my nastiness, I didn't remember a single one of dreams. Hence the vivid dreams stand out loud and proud against a rather dull background.

The thing is? I've had three dreams this week about getting engaged and/or being married to hoodie!boy.

Three.

Three out of seven.

43% of nights I dream of us getting married.

What the hell?!

And they've all been really intense. Last night he proposed to me over Christmas, and gave me a spoon ring, very similar to the one that I wear on my left hand already, except it had a place where the diamond was supposed to go. Then he told me that it was just a place holder for a minute, and then gave me my grandma's ring. This was then followed by one of my aunts calling me asking me if I had any news to share, and that she figured I was getting engaged because I've been getting thinner and I was talking about ordering barbeque. Because, obviously, those things equal engagement. Hence my annoyance.

So, apparently my subconscious has some issues she feels the need to be working out. Issues that involve rings and weight loss and damn good barbeque and houses and the virtues of having a washer and dryer in said house. There have also been babies running around in another one of my dreams, with very distinctive looks and names that are relevant. So, apparently she is having issues with that as well.

Regardless, she needs to work this out quickly, because I'm not sure what to make of it other than a resounding: WTF.

4 comments:

  1. I've been having vivid dreams after a decent chunk of not dreaming too!! Although mine don't seem to have repeating themes...yet.

    On Friday night, I dreamt that I woke up one day and was engaged to Seth Green, but had no memory of even meeting him. On Saturday night, I worked at my old old job again, and was running late so caught the tram in my PJs and dressing gown. And last night, I dreamt that the bank told me I no longer had enough money in my account for them to be my bank, so they gave me cash for what was in my accounts, cut up my cards, and told me not to come back.

    Um, what???? My subconscious has issues...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Seth Green. I loved him back in his Buffy the Vampire Slayer days. ;)

      Delete
  2. I have dreams where things in my dream cause a physical reaction and basically jar me awake. Falling, being hit, feeling something crawl on me. It always freaks me the heck out. I am glad you are feeling like yourself again. I hope your dreams work themselves out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate those kinds of vivid dreams. They make things so much more complicated. I hope they eventually just evened out.

    ReplyDelete