25 May 2016

The End

It's been nearly three years since I've posted here. And today I'll write the ending to this story, because, well, it has ended. In the most lovely of ways.

But first, a confession. For most of this blog, I was actually in a relationship. Very few people knew about it. He was another blogger, and as far as I am aware, still is active. We met on the now defunct 20sb. Against my better judgement, I fell in love with him. Turns out, he fell in love with me too.

After two failed attempts to meet, I ended up calling it quits. Or he did. Or we both did. To be honest I can't remember the details. There was lots of fighting. And crying. And anger. And pinning of "Shakespeare in Love" quotes to my secret Pinterest board I'd made about us. You can see the exact moment everything changed. I stopped pinning sexy lingerie and pictures of Bora Bora and started pinning quotes about lost love. I took off the ring he gave me and put it back in it's pretty little box.


Hoodie!Boy? The last time I saw him was two years ago. The place where we worked ended up financially imploding. No surprise, but I was caught in the crosshairs. My job, along with several others, was eliminated. He saw me in the parking lot as I went to my car the day after everything happened. He asked me what I was going to do next. I said I didn't know. He said good luck. That maybe my next job would be a better one. Apparently he left not long after.

I had a hell of a time finding a new job, an ordeal that nearly had me moving to a tiny Texas border town. After some close calls, it turned I was able to stay here in this beautiful city that has become my home. I found a job that was much better than I could have expected. I was happier than I had been in a long time. I was making more money. I wasn't constantly exhausted trying to keep everything going.

I decided to try online dating again.

That's how I met B. He looked at my profile. I said "Hi."

The rest is history.

We're getting married next summer.

"So, if I'm gonna jump off the cliff, and you're gonna get pushed off the cliff, why don't we hold hands on the way down?

B is the one I want to hold hands with forever on the way down.





No comments:

Post a Comment