Truth is, I've been indulging my workaholic side. That, and after some hefty expenses, my discretionary fund is pretty dry. But, hey, I'm working and I like what I do (more days than not) so I shouldn't be complaining too loudly. Oh, and my brother visited me for a week. We actually got along, except for that one time I yelled at him at Panera.
If anyone is still reading this, please don't take offense. I think I've spoken to my parents maybe once in these past three weeks. Yang!friend? Maybe five or six. So, really, I have dropped off the face of the Earth. You know it's bad when yang!friend and I don't talk every day.
There isn't much to report in terms of The Rabbit Hole. Working like a dog doesn't allow much rabbit hole-ing. Especially when you're average bedtime is clocking in around 8:37p these days. For real. One night not too long ago I was out cold by 8:00p. Then my dad called at 9p, and I thought it was the middle night and freaked out that he was calling me, and after questioning him about what was wrong he put together what was happening and told me to go back to sleep. What self respecting twenty five year old does that? This one...
Things with hoodie!boy and I have settled. We're currently working on a project, and things seem to be our flavor of normal. A little bit of awkwardness, a little bit of flirting, and a little bit of "what in the actual hell is this?" My new coworker even commented on the "what in the acutal hell is this"
I found a new play deal that I am planning on checking out. I figure that it couldn't hurt, and it will most likely be fun. I'm one of those women who loves a good play. I'm not entirely sold that my fellow patrons will be interested, but it's worth a shot. It's specifically designed for young adults, so who knows? Plus, I can wear pretty dresses and sip riesling and pretend I'm a sophisticate.
In other news, my new coworker, after knowing me for 48 hours, described me as being "very, very quirky and having a very, very odd sense of humor." Does that score me any points?
Also, I am booked for my yearly professional conference in a few weeks. Gotta love them, and hey, this time they have a whole social component built into it. That could be fun... or something. I mean, who has a bad time playing Wii bowling? beeteedub, last time I went I was asked about my wedding....
Are we having fun yet? I really am, believe it or not.
I'm happy that things with the boy have settled...and hey, at least you're having fun! If I were you I would take the quirky/odd sense of humor thing as a compliment. It's not much fun to run off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings; much better to blaze your own trail and be an individual.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things settled a bit. Having them high level, high drama can really make things stressful.
ReplyDeleteI love a good play too. I'd love to see more, but they're all just so expensive here :(