About a month ago, I came home from work. I put my purse on the end table, kicked off my shoes, and settled in for some music to cook by. The little light in the corner was solid, which wasn't too much of a concern. I try to get it to wake up... nothing. Try another tactic or two... nothing. I hit the power button, count to sixty, and then push it again. There is a lovely ping and then.... Flashing File of Death.
Long story short, one of my friends did some CPR on this old girl and after three weeks got her up and running again. Thing is, she really is on life support. She is literally connected to the wall right now, and has never been. Youtube and Netflix are the enemy right now. So is my wireless, apparently. Her replacement is in the works, but hey, I now have internet at home.
All of this being said, I've had a hell of a lot of time on my hands the past few weeks. Some of this time has been dedicated to the rabbit hole. It's been... interesting, but mostly hilarious. How hilarious? I think I went to Prom '83.
In the next days I'll be writing about Prom '83, my business trip, church, and a fundraiser I attended. The goal is a post a day, but, we'll see how long Millie lasts. I can't blog at work, so, I'll do what I can do.
It feels good to be back.
YAY SHES BACK!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to being back!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the computer of dying-ness. I missed you!
ReplyDeleteI'm starting to get worried that my computer is about to do that. I'm sure she's got a bit more kick in her than I think, but I can tell she's starting to wear down.
ReplyDeleteHope the computer held on at least long enough to get your replacement!