12 October 2012

Lame

Last year, at my annual professional development conference, I was asked if I got married over the summer. This year, thank goodness, there was none of that.

To be fair, after going to this thing for a few years now, I understand how female dominated it is. There are very few men there, and those who are always tend to be a) way too old or b) have put a ring on it. My expectations were low, even considering the specific "connection" time and areas set up by those running this thing. My expectations were right on.

The only real notable moments were with hoodie!boy. He was there, not so much as someone that I work with, but rather promoting a side project he's taken on in the past few months. He made a little presentation and was at a booth for most of the time. It was nice to stand and talk with him about his other projects.  And the wonders of cable TV.Then there was the time I accused his cat of sleeping in his suitcoat. He was running around with his collar all jacked up and a furball plastered on the back. So I fixed him up and picked away the furball, and sent him on his merry way.

Mostly I enjoyed the change of scenery. There is something about getting out of dodge for a few days that is refreshing as all get out. Especially being the Yankee that I am, I enjoy the warmth far into the year. At home I wouldn't have been running around in sundresses the entire time.

All in all, not the most exciting story ever, but I promise more are on their way that prove to be a bit more exciting.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had work type conventions to attend. I sometimes think it would get me a little bit more pumped about the work that I'm doing.

    Sounds like it was off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete