Miss Leah has nominated me for the Liebster Award. You know the one where you do eleven facts and then answer eleven questions? Well, since I've done enough fact things (so much so I can't think of new ones!) I'll just answer the questions :)
1. What's the most terrifying dream you've ever had?
Hmmm... this is hard. I really don't remember my dreams, as much as the emotions they produce. However, I did have a lot of dreams that I woke up screaming from my last year of college. Scared the crap out of my roommate, too. So apparently, I've had very terrifying dreams before.
2. What is the very best meal you've ever eaten?
I was in Spain, hadn't eaten in a good 36 hours, and had the most delicious dinner of lightly toasted coarse bread drizzled with olive oil, and had a tomato scraped over it.
3. Name one (or two) of your favorite books, so I can add them to my reading list.
Well, since I feel like I preach about my two favorite favorites all the time, how about going off the beaten path a bit? "Devil in the White City" is a history book that reads like a novel. The backdrop is the World's Fair in Chicago. It tells two very different, but very intertwined, stories.
4. Coffee or tea?
Tea. More specificlly this herbal tea I love. If we're talking tea tea, then I almost always brew it into chai.
5. What is your favorite book in the Harry Potter series?
"Goblet of Fire." It's really the last of the "light" books and the last stand alone. Books 5,6, and 7 take on a much darker tone and are one continuing story. Everything shifts during "Goblet of Fire" and where Rowling leaves on the last page is an entirely different world than she starts you off in.
6. What is your favorite time-wasting activity?
I an a Netflix junkie. I also have the habit of just laying on the couch listening to music.
7. Tell me one thing you like about yourself.
Although I had nothing to do with this, I love the color of my eyes. They're very different looking, especially when I have my glasses off. They're brown, grey, blue, and green all at the same time. Considering both my parents have bright blue eyes, as well as my brother, mine are a bit of a mystery.
8. What do you do when you're sick at home?
Take a shower, because somehow that always helps. Wear my favorite pajamas. Watch some series of tv on dvd or Netflix. Call my mom to whine. Snuggle with my Pooh and Blankie.
9. Name your favorite guilty pleasure TV show.
Greys Anatomy. Although, I don't feel much guilt over it.
10. What is the worst book you've ever read?
"The Unvanquished" by Faulkner. You can read Leah's review of it here.
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I'm still trying to figure that out. Although, part of me is still in love with going to grad school for history...
I LOVED Devil in the White City. But it made for TERRIBLE bedtime reading, because I freaked myself out. Especially after I saw the Supernatural episode that features the ghost of H.H. Holmes... O.o
ReplyDeleteI wish I didn't remember my dreams. Most I remember all too vividly.
ReplyDeleteI have a sneaking suspicion that most adults still don't know what they really want to be, even when they are all grown up.