So, here I offer up a very short summation of the past few weeks:
Shortly after my last post, I had some pretty amazing people come and visit for a week. There was lots of fun had, but nothing really related to the Rabbit Hole. Hence I was busy hanging out and doing whatever instead of worrying about said Rabbit Hole.
On the last day I had people here, I took a rather nasty (not to mention public and hella embarrassing) fall and ended up putting a fracture in my ankle as well as giving myself a severe sprain. I'm alright, but I was in and out of the doctor for a while, and was in a wheelchair for a week. Needless to say stabilizer boot =/= sexy. The best part? I fell and went to the urgent care on my birthday. Go me!
I had a rather rough evaluation with my boss. It was important to be told how I can improve, but that doesn't make the criticism sting any less. My job isn't in jeopardy, but I do need to show effort toward strengthening myself in certain areas. It's a bit of a pain because now I'm more self-conscious than before, which almost compounds the problem. I know my boss cares, and she's said as much. It's just a matter of pushing through my temporary discomfort for the sake of avoiding the larger discomfort of larger disapproval.
Early last week my brother was attacked by a family dog when two of our dogs got into a fight. It was crazy bad (my mother came home to a house covered in blood) and triggered major anxiety on my part. I was able to get myself grounded again, but it was a really troubling two days until I could. My brother will be fine, he's just in a lot of pain currently and is still working through the fact that it even happened.
My lovely health issues from this past spring? They seem to have come back with vengeance. Although, at least now I know what it is, and I am aware of treatment options. I just feel like the treatment is worse than the troubles itself!
My yankee immune system is not used to being inundated with pollen in February. Also, pollen south of the Mason-Dixon line seems to effect my ears more than anything else. Pretty much everyone sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher all the time. This doesn't help the fact that as time goes on, I'm almost positive that falling asleep with my iPod in my ears full blast for years was really a poor life choice and I have hearing loss at the tender age of 26.
I also found out my summer project at work isn't happening at all. Which really quite sucks. So I'll be looking for an extra source of income. Maybe it'll prove to be a way to meet new people? I don't know quite yet. We'll see. Also, we're hiring someone new at work, so that's interesting. We recently hired a new money man, and I've been told three times that I should "meet" him. Oy! I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.
Finally, team!friend has found herself a gentleman caller. It's a really great story, and I am incredibly happy for her. It's been wonderful to get to spend time with her as she's been starting that part of her life again. We've gone shopping for various events he's been taking her to, and I've had so much fun looking at all the pretty things out there and picking outfits out to try on. It's been a while since I've had that, and I forgot how much I missed it. I've also had the chance to babysit her daughter, which means I get to watch cable!
And as far as hoodie!boy's girlfriend goes? I am going to call her grace!girl because she is teaching me how to be graceful. To swallow my pride. To look beyond my immediate wants. She is a very nice person, and I need to give her as much of a chance as I would give anyone else. I actually decided this today when I saw her, and I made a really icky comment about her in my head and I caught myself being a complete bitch to this poor girl who has really done nothing wrong. Maybe that is being rather naive, but I figure the more positive I can be, the better off. I don't want to be a complete bitch. That's no way to make friends.
Keeping up with blogging definitely seems to be getting harder and harder.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to try and do that grace thing, to suck up our pride and not take out our pain on others. But in the long run, it's so much more beneficial.
Sorry to hear that you fell and fractured your ankle (and sprained it). :( That's never much fun at all.