First off, I just have to share this amazing blog that blogger!friend shared with me. It has to do with love and dating, but also prostitutes. In my former life, I loved prostitutes. I still do, really, just not as openly. Anyway, read. I'll be here. Go. Really. Go. Now.
Secondly, I must talk about dubstep!boy, because he kinda goes with that article in a round about way. He has fought for me. He's made it clear how other men don't treat me the way he does... and why he uses my full name when he says my name at all. He is fighting for me, in his own way, I think. It's one of those complicated things that really does belong on Grey's. Or Brother's and Sisters. Or some other dramatic ABC soap. Seriously, hit me up Shonda. I've got some good stuff for you.
Oh dubstep!boy. If only I knew what to do with you. Dubstep!boy is a guy that is in my social circle. I am also pretty convinced that dubstep!boy has a thing for me. I,however, and I guess almost surprisingly to myself, can't define what I think about him. Do I have feelings for him? No. Do I enjoying hanging out with him? Yeah, I do.
We had dinner this past Thursday night. Well, I had dinner, he was waiting for his food. It was really nice conversation along the lines of the path not taken. Basically he asked, if I wasn't in my current job, what would I be doing? Out of the clear blue, he wanted to know that about me. Why I didn't do it. How I ended up in the job I'm in.
My fortune cookie read "You attract many artistic and creative people" and naturally I added "in bed." His face was priceless. Same thing when another guy we work with came in at that moment, and was playing it up. It was fun and easy... but as blogger!friend said, fun and easy does not a healthy relationship make.
There are also five hundred reasons why I shouldn't date, or want to date, dubstep!boy. He's quite a bit younger than me (he's younger than my brother), he's in a different place in his life (still in school, working part time jobs), he is talking about moving across the country within the year, and we work together. Yet, I can't deny that he's been on my mind since Thursday night.
I am toying with inviting him to a wedding that I am attending next month. Again, there are pros and cons to this. I just don't want him to show up with breathmints and condoms, because heaven knows that's what I would have done had hoodie!boy invited me to a wedding this past fall. No, I would have bought out Adam and Eve and crammed what I could into my bag while I was at it... I don't half ass many things. So, it's worth pondering. Or not. Alice = indecisive.
Yay for the Rabbit Hole?
- Alice
No comments:
Post a Comment