Oh, tonight, tonight. Or this morning, morning? I don't know really what to call it. Oh time when I should be sleeping, sleeping?
I'd been looking forward to this evening for a couple of days now. I couldn't wait to put on jeans, a pretty shirt, straighten my hair, and bust out the eye makeup. Seriously, I feel like a whole different person with my hair straight. It's a hell of a process that I don't do often, but I love the results of it. Too bad I was born when I was... I would have had awesome hair for the eighties. That's another story, but explains why I love my hair when it is straight.
The first part of the evening was at the local historical center for an event they were having. I ended up finding a group of people to sit with, and you know what? It wasn't half bad. Admittedly, I did pick the group because of stripes!boy who was a bit attractive. Seeing as getting my number of men up, I really didn't see the harm in it.
I was much more in my element than last weeks little adventure. There was just something about it that put me at ease right away. The first part was wonderful. Very friendly people who just were hanging around, and I'm cool with that. However, half way through, some of the women left, and stripes!boy goes and gets his buddies, one of whom was obnoxious!boy. Obnoxious!boy was trying way too hard to be that cool, nonchalant, I'm oh so witty guy. He failed. Epically. I'm pretty sure he put a padlock on my panties for the next five years.
He tried to make small talk (which, I guess I can give him credit for, albeit in an obnoxious way) and it turns out that we were in the same city for college. Apparently this is the most awesome thing ever. Because, you know, there were no colleges there. I was able to work my way out of that lovely little situation for the second part of the evening.
This part was... I don't even know how to describe it. I ended up at a local haunt with baby!boy, gator!friend, and accessory!friend. While we there, just lots of emotions were coming in and out. The first of which is that I missed hoodie!boy. Usually he is there, and when he wasn't... I missed his presence. It sounds so stupid after everything, but there are moments when I do miss him, and the way things were. Obviously they couldn't go on the way they were, but... I don't even know what the but is. The simple answer is that they couldn't have. Which was not the point of this paragraph, but I've wandered there anyway. Go me.
I ended up talking with baby!boy's roommate's old boyfriend. He was fun, and definitely flirty in that fun sort of way. It was nice to play a little bit of a game for the game's sake, and nothing else. No agendas, no trying to get something, just messing around without being physical. He was obviously much older, and had children, but that didn't take away from the game.
While we were at this place, I was dancing to some remix of an NSYNC song I danced to as a teenager. Um, yeah. I wonder if anyone else found it as bizarre as I did. What was more bizarre, however, was arm!boy. Now, arm!boy was an ass. He doesn't know my name, doesn't know me from Adam, but he put his arm around me to make little chit chat. Hell to the no! What gives him the right to touch me? IF I know you, that is a completely different story. Gator!friend and I can get very touchy feeley, but she is also gator!friend, not arm!boy. That padlock from obnoxious!boy? It was now Fort Knox. Believe me that I left as soon as I could to other people I knew. I guess he knew one of my friends, or something like that, but still. Not okay.
I also came to another couple of conclusions that were interesting, at least to me. The first of which is that when I get some vodka in my system, and with my hair straight, I feel like one of the sexiest women around. There is something about this straight hair that brings that out in me. Maybe it's all from the media, but I find smooth, straight hair to be much sexier than the feral wild child mop I usually sport. I'm still working on the second conclusion. I'm working through it, and eventually I'll be able to articulate it to myself and then be able to write about it, but until then, I'll just leave it at that. The third conclusion is that I am much more uptight about my sexuality than a lot of women my age. I just can't start dancing on a guy in such a way that it turns him into a stripper pole. I just can't. A) I don't have the desire to do so and B) I lack all coordination to do that, even if I wanted to. Some women just ooze sex appeal. I am not one of them. That's fine, because I don't want someone to be attracted to me only because I scream "SEX!"
And so it is quite late or early, or whatever we want to call it. Good night/morning/afternoon/whatever time it is
- A
No comments:
Post a Comment