Tonight I was planning on going to a party that a local radio station is throwing. In fact, I am sitting in a party dress right now. My hair is straight, and I have the perfect shoes picked out. The thing is... I don't want to go.
It's on the other side of town.
I had a late night last night.
I've been exhausted all day.
I have a thousand things I need to get done.
I drank a Dr. Pepper too fast, and now my belly is sloshy.
I know the whole idea is for me to go and do something once a week... or just about that at any rate. However, it seems stupid to force myself to go out when I really don't want to. It's not the being social aspect that bothers me, that's slowly fading away. It's more like one of my favorite movies is on, I want my pajamas instead of a party dress, and the couch sounds better than the dance floor.
Maybe it's just being an introvert, needing downtime between the this and the that. It just feels like it's too much. I wonder how people can do it, go out night after night and thrive on it. I guess those people wonder about people like me, how I could be content to stay home on my couch on a Saturday night. Besides, there will always be next time.
-A
I know people who go out night after night and I know people who stay in and stay comfy. I enjoy doing both on occassion (leaning more towards staying in than going out). I think going out would be more fun/easier if my guy worked a different shift. I enjoy dancing he doesn't; I enjoy swimming, he would drown; I work weekends, he doesn't; the list goes on... So in my opinion, staying home and being comfy is often the best option!!
ReplyDelete- Yang!girl