09 June 2011

PinKesha

Lessons Learned the past 24 hours:


1) I am blessed to have some amazing friends who love me very, very much.
2) I am really letting it sink in that hoodie!boy meant more to me than I ever did to him.
3) I am horribly self-conscious and struggle with my appearance.
4) I am stubborn as hell when I set a line in the sand.
5) I am not able to compartmentalize my life.
6) I am who I am. I am nitty, gritty, dirty little freak. I am a PinKesha song.


The last one particularly has been on my mind. I'm shy. I'm quiet. I'm awkward. I say too much or not enough. I have a wild child hair on my head, eyebrows Groucho Marx would die for,  glasses, and a little round belly that shakes when I laugh, like a bowl full of jelly


And sometimes this bothers me, but a lot of times? Well, see number six, and then number one. Friends who don't give a damn about all the other stuff. Friends who are honest and real with me. They love me, all of me. That is what I need to remember. My value to them, and by extension the world, doesn't lay in my hair or my skin, or the number on the scale.


I deserve someone who will recognize that. See number four.


I also am formulating a plan for the next door down the rabbit hole. I'm excited. Choices, choices... what is a curious girl to do?!


- A

No comments:

Post a Comment