04 July 2011

You Know What? Break's Over.

So, today I've been poking around for some local events to attend that will make my inner academic happy. Turns out, she's going to have to wait a little bit. Some silly thing about an academic calendar and summer breaks, I think. The good news is that the local library has lots of different events going on this summer, so she won't  be in want too badly. I'm not entirely sure I'm going to be meeting a whole lot of guys in my demographic there. However, I feel like the guys at such events might be a more solid bet than someone I meet over vodka. 

In the meantime, there is a meetup I found that seems interesting. It's at a local coffee shop in the middle of the afternoon. It could be a lot of fun, and it appears that there is a good mix of men and women that are attending. I really don't care for a repeat of the 25:1 scenario that team!friend and I found ourselves in. It would be a different vibe than anything I've tried before, so I'm very interested to see the results of this approach. Besides, it just seems so much more low key. No need to get the flawless smokey eye. No need to worry about how I can't dance. Just jeans, a fun shirt, and a PG drink. It also affords the opportunity to do something else later in the day if things are going really well. The sure to be entertaining recap will be written as soon as there is something to recap.

While I was searching around, I did find an event in November that I am *dying* to go to. It's a cocktail party for a local museam, and it has my curiousity piqued. Hopefully I'll have a date by then, because I feel like this isn't something one shows up stag to, or with a girlfriend. Even if I don't have a date, I'm pretty sure I could convince someone to come with me. Who doesn't love a good cocktail party?!

- A

1 comment:

  1. the coffee shop meet up sounds much more your style!! I def think you should check it out!! A little coffee and you have something to blame the jitters on! HEHEHEHE!!!! Good luck!

    Yang!Friend

    ReplyDelete