Not sure what to wear to a wine tasting, I went my usual trying to look nice route. Straightened my hair (side note, I'm getting really pissed with my hair and am contemplating pulling a Sinead O'Conner) had a nice shirt, tailored shorts, and dressy flats, that whole thing. I do have to say, my confidence since I got the tattoo has gone way up. I just feel... so much more sexy and empowered. It wasn't on display tonight, but *I* knew it was there, and that was more than enough.
The place wasn't anywhere I usually go, so it was nice for me to get out of my little geographical box. I think I'd been over that way this past fall for a Halloween party, but I don't think I had wandered as far as I did tonight. I walked up to the place, a little strut going courtesy of the tattoo, got my ticket, and walked on to the patio.
Turns out, no guys showed up. At least no men in their twenties that weren't sporting a ring on the left hand. Not that the ring means everything, I wore a ring on my left hand for years, and it had nothing to do with my relationship status, but in this situation I took it as a no go. This would have been a superb date. Not so much as a place to meet the guy to get the date.
I sampled a couple of wines, and tasted the little munchie foods they had set out. They even had dessert things out, which was a nice little surprise. Since there were no men, I ended up standing around a group of older women who had no intention of socializing. I think the only words I spoke were "Pardon me," "I would like to try that one, please," and "Thank you."
They had a band there, and they were actually really good. The lead singer reminded me of Leonardo DiCaprio in Gangs of New York, which was odd, because the music the band was playing could have been included in the O Brother Where Art Thou? soundtrack. I would have stayed just to listen to them, but it was too stinking hot. Not well planned having it outside in the dead of summer, but what do I know? I think I was at the wine tasting for less time than I took trying to get my hair straight. That was for nothing as it was so stinking hot I just piled it on top of my head anyway.
Before I left, I went inside and picked up a bottle of wine that I had sampled. Sooooo yummy. I'm more of a white wine person, and this was pretty much one of the best wines I've had in a while. I also got some olives, a wheel of camembert, some good bread, and a salad. I'm hardly a foodie, but I do have to admit, I enjoy that sort of thing every now and again. So while my tummy wasn't filled with butterflies, it will be filled with some quality food.
You know, it's on my list of goals to go to a wine tasting. Sorry there weren't any cuties around though!
ReplyDeleteI came your way via (500) Days of Shaneiferd.
I'd totally go to a wine-tasting, if I knew how to find one. . .I've heard nothing but good things! I also found your page from Shane's blog! Congrats on your award :D
ReplyDeletenow following!
http://carrymel.blogspot.com
I think the main thing is getting out of your comfort zone and giving new things a try :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Wine and camembert - how I miss those two good friends of mine!
I want to go to a Wine Tasting sometime... I think that would be AWESOME :)
ReplyDelete