05 August 2011

Stranger Than Your Sympathy

Not too long ago, I wrote about how football!boy got engaged. Turns out, at the same time (give or take) hoodie!boy's ex got engaged. Seriously, you can't write this shit.

For good or for bad, I feel for the guy. I want to ask him if he could go for some gin while I have some vodka. Maybe smoke a couple of cloves.  Listen to really loud music. Give him a hug.

I was conflicted when I found out about football!boy and fiancee, and that had becoming down the pipe for a while now, and we didn't even date. I can only imagine what it feels like when someone you did actually date gets engaged a year after you break up. Besides, knowing what I know now, I think him committing to someone and being serious was a big deal. Granted I wasn't around when they were dating (I got into town just as she left, and her leaving was the reason they broke up) but I've heard enough about it.

I'm not even sure why I'm writing this, or if it is even relevant. Still, that's what's floating around in this head of mine.

In other news, my brother met baby!boy, dubstep!boy, and hoodie!boy. Apparently my brother approves of said men, and wonders how the hell is dorky sister ended up with "cool" friends. 

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it sucks. My ex was engaged 3 months after we broke up. Course that was only cuz' he knocked up the first girl he fucked after we ended things. Cheers to my life.

    Glad your brother likes your friends. It's always good to get approval.

    Not sure if this is my first comment on here. If so, hi! If not.. well then hello again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, I love cloves.

    Just found your blog, look forward to reading more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely not a fun feeling finding out that your ex is engaged. I've been there. It's pretty crushing.

    He's lucky he has you, even if he causes drama ;)

    ReplyDelete