Tonight was actually a pretty awesome adventure. Team!friend and I went to this meetup/networking thing just down the street from where we work this afternoon. It was really random how I stumbled across it, but I'm really glad we did. It was definitely a mixed bag of attendees, ranging from people in their 20s to their 60s, suits and ties to cocktail dresses. This was also the first public showing of the tattoo, and that was pretty much amazing in of itself.
When we were getting into the elevator to go to the place, a woman started talking to us. We shall call her nicole!kidman because, kid you not, she was a dead ringer. For reals. She even does impersonations of her for events. It was kinda crazy. Anyway, nicole!kidman was just wonderful. She had such a great vibe about her that just welcomed people in and made them at ease. It really made me aware of my own vibe and the sort of impression that I give off to others.
Team!friend went to go sit down while I ordered a drink, and radio!guy comes up to me. Now, men don't come up to me. Ever. Well, I guess not ever, considering last time I went out I had two men ask if I would go to bed with them. Anyway, he starts chatting me up, and it's all good and fine, but he's older than me. Like, quite a bit older than me. I really wanted to cut him off when he said he had been in radio since 1995. I wonder what he would say if I told him the year he started his radio show I was eight?
Anyway, this place had really good deals on Three Olives, so naturally I indulged. Gotta love me some Dude. Seriously people. Mt. Dew flavored vodka. Life does not get much better than that. While I was indulging, talking with team!friend and nicole!kidman, I spotted a guy who really caught my attention. He was by himself, and definitely my type physically. Truth be told, he looked a little bit like football!boy. Anyway, after hemming and hawing I finally went up and tried to talk to the guy. Tried was the operative word, and he was not having any of it. He just started to play on his phone.
A little bit later, I saw another guy, nametag!boy, who captured my attention. I would say I was more physically attracted to him. The whole tall, dark, handsome sort of thing going on there. This is where I insert the tidbit that my earrings had been falling out all night. Nicole!kidman the devises an awesome way to work myself over to nametag!boy and his group of friends. She took one of my earrings and tossed it over that way, making it land right by nametag!boy. I then walk over there, and start talking to the group, and my other earring falls out. Perfect. So it totally looked like an accident. I hope. Regardless, another lesson learned tonight: be creative. Needless to say, this didn't pan out either. Got the vibe he wasn't interested, and made my way back to what had become our little posse after a few minutes.
Team!friend and I ducked out early, mostly because we were tired and hungry. This place said there would be appetizers, but really, not so much. Lunchmeat and cheese for the most part. Not going to cut it. We said goodbye to nicole!kidman and posse and left to go to another restaurant downtown. We wanted burgers, so we ended up at baby!boy's favorite restaurant. As we were walking up, part of me wondered if we would see him or hoodie!boy. Turns out baby!boy was there with gator!friend. Baby!boy was just leaving, so it ended up being just gator!friend, team!friend, the bartender, and myself for a while.
It was nice to be able to sit with two of my friends and just be. We had some good food, good laughs, and just hung out. It was so refreshing to just be out in the world.
Perhaps the funniest part of the night came at the very end. Team!friend and I had left and were walking back to the car. This random guy was on the sidewalk going the other way, stops, and looks at me. He says that I look just like Sharon Osborne. WTF? I do not look like Sharon Osborne. Maybe Kelly. Maybe. If you were drunk and squinted and tilted your head. Maybe, but not really.
All in all, it was a pretty satisfying Tuesday night out on the town. :)
Nicole!kidman is a genius. I grant her 10 points for creativity and improvisation.
ReplyDeleteWhen you say that she made you more aware of your own vibe that you give off...what do you mean by this? Do you feel that you give a very positive first impression, or is this something you want to work on in the future?
~SP
Sounds like a fun night out. By the way, I totally have that song stuck in my head now. :)
ReplyDeleteJealous of your awesome night out :) Glad you had a good time.
ReplyDelete