28 August 2011

Sunday Funday

Yesterday, I was planning on writing a fairly "heavy" post in which I spill my guts out even more than I normally do. However, I just can't seem to get it right. Regardless, here is another post which I promise is much lighter.

I think the first development of the day is that Constantina, hoodie!boy and my's elephant, can no longer be classified as neon pink, but rather a shade of baby pink. We went to lunch together today with baby!boy, gator!friend and another girl we know. It was actually quite pleasant for all of us to eat together with some sense of normalcy. He ordered me really spicy wings, because they had a special, he wanted some, and asked what flavor we wanted. I told him the spicier the better, so what does he do? Orders the hottest wings on the menu. I think he was impressed when I ate them without flinching. Although, to be honest, they weren't all that hot. I mean, they were more temperature hot than spicy hot, but I wasn't really about to cop to that... Anyway, I paid him for my part of the deal, and he just looked at me, the money on the table, but it in his wallet and said "I like this girl!" Um, yes, sweetie. I do pay for my food...

There was also some messing around with each other. He made a comment about me earlier in the afternoon, so I got him back when he was telling baby!boy( who is a bit older) that the rest of us are in our twenties and we haven't seen certain movies. I naturally just had to add that in two weeks not *all* of us are going to be in our twenties. Someone is having troubles with the big three-oh. There was also some interlude after he washed his hands from the wings. Apparently he felt the need to put his cold, wet hands on my face?

It made me really happy that this afternoon happened. Everything can't be erased, and there is a long way to go, but it was a good start.  I mean we weren't just sitting shifting in our seats for an hour and a half... instead we made fun of infomercials and televangelists on the TVs. Every journey starts with one step, right? 

After I drive home with the windows down and music up, I came home and slept, because that's what I do. I am a certified sleep whore. I slept on my couch and then made my way to my bed because I really wasn't ready to do anything. After I woke up and got my self put back together (and made sure that my mascara wasn't all down my face) I went back out. This time I went to a pool party like thing.

Overall, it wasn't the greatest thing I've done. The food was passible (except for the roasted pig head. That freaked me the fuck out) and dessert was kinda disappointing. However, there was free booze, so that was a bonus point. Free flowing Mai Tai's all night? Yes, don't mind if I do. Besides, I got out for the night, and got to spend time in this sultry night air that I've come to love so much.

No young guys were hanging out, which was kinda sad. I saw a couple, and sat by them for a couple of minutes, but then they left to go get ready to go downtown. More power to them, I guess. So I didn't really meet anyone, but such is life. It was free, so I can't complain to horribly. Besides, they had these Hawaiian dancers, one of which did a whole show with fire. I was pretty impressed. I was just mesmerized by the whole thing.

I need to get myself into gear and find some other things to do. With the academic calendar starting up again, I am really hoping that I can go to some different exhibits and lectures. As much as I love drinks and appetizers, I am much more at home in an more academic setting. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad things seem to be going well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Sounds like it was another great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great attitude to have. Even when the years in school are over you can still continue to learn. And I hope you take advantage of some of those opportunities :)

    Glad you had a nice normal lunch - I don't know the full story, but I'm guessing that your group of friends was ravaged by time (and possibly love, the great destroyer of friendships). Putting those pieces back together is such a great feeling. Enjoy it.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete