13 August 2011

I'm Either Bob Ross or Peter Pan...

My adventure this weekend was to poke around on eHarmony. I'm a little (or a lot) hesitant to do the online dating thing, but I figured that poking around wouldn't hurt anything.  In full disclosure, I wasn't going to spend any money. Let's face it, I don't have a couple hundred bucks to throw at it.  Well, I guess I could in theory, but I'd much rather have dinner with my friends, have Starbucks now and then, and buy clothes that show off my tattoo. Maybe use that money to fly to visit some of my friends from school. Take a long weekend vaycay. In short, I can think of about ten thousand other ways to spend that money. Regardless, I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of matches I would get.

I set the parameters to 30 miles from where I live.

I got six matches.

Six.

I live in suburbia land around a major city.

Major city! 
So major I couldn't get my oil changed when I wanted to this afternoon because they were too busy

Six!

WTF?!

So, I'm not entirely sure what is up with that. Either I am just that quirky or that picky. I could add "or that hopeless" but we're going to be thinking happy little thoughts here. They're kinda like happy little trees, except I can't hang them up in my living room.

I have RSPV'd for my next adventure. Something tells me I'll need it by then.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the online dating sites!

    Also, I gave you an award at http://kathyhs87.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never signed up for an online dating site, and I didn't know that they make you pay! It must be good though, if they only found you six matches. I would think that low numbers are good because that should that they're giving you what you're paying for by weeding out the scum bags. I wish you nothing but the best of luck when you go on these dates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I already replied to this? lol...guess not.

    Don't be afraid to be picky and/or quirky. You have the right to be selective lol. And quirky is another way of saying unique...and most guys like a girl with a sharply defined personality.

    Go for it! Just beware of creepers.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really liked e-harmony because even when I did get matches they always seemed to be way off from people that I would actually connect with.

    Online dating can work, but it can also be difficult.

    If you decide to go for it, best of luck :) There are some guys on those sites that are definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete