08 August 2011

Not much of a girlfriend. I never seem to get a lot

So, a little while ago, I found an article that said, in short, that I should be spending as much time trying to find someone to date as I would spend time with them when we were actually dating.

Am I the only one calling bullshit on this concept?

This is a lot of work. This is freaking time consuming. I mean, for real. Finding places to go. Shaving of the legs. Getting dressed up. Taming the wild child hair. Applying mascara just to my eyelashes and not other parts of my eye. Driving to said place. Trying to keep up a conversation with a hardly perfect stranger.

I'm all for spending time with hypothetical boyfriend. I just hope that it's not this crazy. Like, I'd be up for cooking dinner in a wife beater, running shorts, and ponytail and then laying on the couch watching a movie. Okay, so I'd shave my legs for that. Prickly legs don't feel all that nice, and I'd want my legs to feel nice.


7 comments:

  1. Dude, totally. The best part of the single life is how I'm sitting here -- wild hair, no bra, and only half shaven legs, reading blogs and commenting. Fuck obsessing over hypothetical men. They're not worth that kind of time.

    I'm a big believer in the "good things come in time" concept.. It happened for me once. Hopefully wasn't a fluke.

    Cherie @ Refractions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...shaving of the legs takes way too much time...I say crank the air conditioning and throw on a pair of long Yoga pants to go with the Wife Beater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's sounds kind of wrong. Spend time doing what makes you happy. When you meet the right person then put effort into the relationship, but you'll meet that person whether or not you've shaved your legs that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say, dedicate all your time doing what you love, and the man who best suits your lifestyle will come to you! That's how I meet all my boyfriends; I don't bother trying to go out of my element; it's too exhausting. PS, a man who really loves you wouldn't care less if your legs were just as hairy as his. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Screw. That.

    Dating is hard work. I'm single as well and while I'm (kind of sort of not really) looking, I definitely don't feel that anyone should invest an exorbitant amount of time, effort, and money into their search. It's fine and dandy to look, but to follow what that article says? We all have much better ways to occupy our time.

    If the past few months have taught me one lesson it is this: only when you stop searching for love can you really find it.

    Also - if the guy is decent, cooking in a wife beater or dressing up for a nice dinner won't matter. He'll be happy as long as he's with you.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all of the above!! Be who you are, do what you do and in time the right person will fall into place. (But you know me, I HATE shaving my legs and thankfully I found a guy who doesn't say anything till about the same time I start thinking ewwww...) I loves you girly!! Misses you lots!!

    ~Yang Friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Screw that concept.

    I mean, I'm all for searching for that someone and putting yourself out there. But spending as much time searching as you would spend with that person? That's a little much. The harder you search, the more desperate you come off, and the less likely you are to notice the right person because you're so busy looking everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete