I've calmed down.
While I am not condoning any behavior (because some of it was very unkind), with some time and distance, I can see why things went they way they did. In a way, it was a perfect storm.
It's more like this: what happened, happened. It's done. Words can't be taken back, nor actions, nor sips of gin and vodka. Getting upset isn't going to put the toothpaste back in the tube. I can be angry, or I can take the experience and learn from it. One is productive, the other is not.
Granted, I do have some things to say. I'll say them, and we'll move on. Who knows if he has anything to say, but if I am saying something, he certainly has the right to say something as well. One thing that will be established is the notion that I don't want to date him. That is off the table, so he (we?) can chill the fuck out.
What turned this around? We had a texting session last night about getting my things together and dropping them back off at work. He was talking like he had no clue what I was talking about. Then I was like, well... yeah. I guess there were a lot of things of vodka and pop and bags and plates over at his place, wasn't there? And he didn't see me walk in and lay out my stuff, did he? And when we left his place to go out, everything was just kind of out on the counter in a jumble, wasn't it? So maybe, just maybe, he wasn't doing it to be a dick, but he really wasn't sure what was mine, and what was someone else's.... A small realization, but one that gave me a bit of perspective on the situation.
If we need to have a custody schedule for Constantina, so be it.
Glad you're feeling better...
ReplyDeleteThose sips of gin and vodka will get you every time...they leave thoughts and words pretty much filterless.
I'm glad you're feeling better. You deserve that.
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear you were feeling better at this point... boys can be so clueless sometimes.
ReplyDelete