26 September 2011

Old Men and Singing Rabbits

The profile on the new dating site is officially being pulled. I am so sketched out I can't even describe it to you. I have had all these old men sending me messages and smiles and what not. No. NO. NO! So not okay. Like I said, if you are old enough to be my father (or in one case older than my father) you have no business whatsoever looking at my profile when it plainly states that I am 24 years old. It doesn't help matters any either that I've been told I look young for my age... *shudder, shudder, shudder* I was planning on sticking around to watch the train wreck, but it's just too much.

In other news, yang!friend has told me to let it ride with all of the hoodie!boy stuff, and just take it as it comes my way. I'm trying. I am. I'm quite sure from the outside it doesn't look that way, but I'm trying my damnedest.

The thing is?  I don't do patience well at all. I mean, at freaking all. I never have. From the day I was born, I never had much patience for stuff to just happen. I'm patient with other people, patient with my job, but patient for things to happen? No so much. Which is why this whole dating thing is so damn frustrating to me. I just have to wait and be patient. I can't force anything, and nor would I want to force something. What good would that do?

As much as my mother tried to instill this particular virtue, I refused. There was even some song sung by a rabbit that she played for me over and over again about "give me some of that patience stuff." I can't believe that was by accident, or because I loved it so much. Seriously. As a little girl I would dance around to "We Didn't Start the Fire" and "Love Shack." I feel as if a song about virtues wouldn't exactly capture my attention...

I fully admit this character flaw, and how it makes my life more difficult than need be more than I care to admit.  That's a start, right?

6 comments:

  1. That is definitely a good start :) And sorry about all the creepy old men,that doesn't sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online dating is so not the way to go. Been there, done that! I would just do it as sort of an ego boost but not expect anything serious. Especially, like you've stated there are old creeps on there, and liars. On top of it just being plain ol' dangerous and all anybody wants to lead up to is sex talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, creepers. At least they keep life interesting.

    I wouldn't say impatience is a bad thing. Maybe it's a bit of a character flaw, but hey nobody's perfect. We all have our quirks that make us...well, us. The only advice I can really offer is to work on the impatience, especially when it comes to dating. I've noticed in the last year or so that it wasn't until I stopped looking that I started to find what I needed. Good luck :)

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have no patience either -- and i HATE trying to sit and just let things come about, particularly when it comes to men...im just like HURRY UP AND GET UR FEELINGS TOGETHER ALREADY lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry your online dating experience got way weird and way creepy way fast, but it sounds just like what happened to me. I had one guy who was definitely older than my dad pursuing me (his profile picture was of him standing in front of the Playboy mansion, how quaint) and another guy who is almost twice my age who, when I told him flat out that he was too old for me, he came back with this witty and 'romantic' response: "But we could be like The Notebook!"

    Barfola. Everywhere. On every thing.

    Take care, lady, and keep that chin up. Patience is definitely very hard to acquiesce to in personal contexts. I deal with that as well. I can say, though, that continuing to examine yourself and just looking yourself in the eye is the best way to handle the OHEMGEEWHYWON'TTHINGSJUSTHAPPENTHEWAYIWANTTHEMTOWHENIWANTTHEMTOAARRRGGGHHHH feeling that is so all-consuming. You can do it! I believe in you! Hooray! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, creepers!

    Admitting it is always the first step.

    Keep your chin up, your guy is out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete