I don't know if it's the girl that hoodie!boy brought around this past week (laughable on so many levels), my boredom (it's out of hand), resignation that work isn't going to slow up for a good long while (and I mean a good. long. while.) , or the fact I want to show off my cute new hair (best it's looked in a long time), but I'm venturing further into the rabbit hole. Stagnation isn't good on any level, and I've ventured further there than I care to admit.
I'm looking forward to it. It's something that I've gone to before, and found that it was a rather good time. It's fairly affordable (yay!) and a good dose of culture. The only downside is that the wine is really freaking expensive, and you get like two sips for your eight dollars. Call me spoiled, but I know quite a few places downtown where I can get a large glass for five or six bucks. Would it be wrong for me to smuggle in a nalgene with a bit of vanilla vodka and coke? Oh, wait. Nalgenes with pop in them explode and kill phones.
Bearing all of this in mind, I've decided to set a couple of goals. The first of which is to initiate conversation with at least one guy. Just one. I can handle just one. It might be awkward as fuck, but I'm not going to get any better without practice. Bless the poor guinea pig. The second is to monitor my hands, and to make sure that they are not crossed across my body or propped on my hips.
So... yeah.
Also, try to avoid any nervous, twitchy things. That's what always gets me.
ReplyDeletei wish you luck on your goals for the year , i know you can do it ^.^
ReplyDeleteNo matter what, just make sure that you are making the choice which is right for you. 2 sips of wine for $8 is fairly expensive, but worth it if you see this as the next step on your quest for self-discovery. I think you should go for it - no harm in giving it another try! Vanilla vodka and coke sounds amazing, btw. Vanilla coke with a kick!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Shane on this.
ReplyDeleteAlso, it does get easier with practice. How much easier? Not really sure... haha.