23 November 2011

Like A Cow Made From Butter

That is how the West Wing's CJ Cregg likes her irony. Yes, I quote West Wing a lot. I think it's funny. Get over it. Besides, if I'm doing the obligatory Thanksgiving post, I figure I should put as many personal touches on it as possible. And, you know, it highlights the irony of my post.

After giving it some thought, I've decided that I am going to write about why I'm thankful for being single. I'm only going to have this part of my life once... so why not embrace it?

- I can lay whatever way I want in my bed without disturbing anyone else. This also applies to my habit of tossing and turning and talking in my sleep.

- I can go indefinitely without shaving my legs so long as I have clean pants to wear.

- My apartment is mine... no ifs, ands, or buts.

- My money is mine... no ifs, ands, or buts.

- Hamburger Helper for dinner on a regular basis is totally fine if I'm in the middle of a lazy streak.

- I can hit the snooze button and it won't bother anyone else.

- I can come and go as I please without regards for anyone else.

-What I get tattooed, when, and where is not up for debate with anyone other than myself.

- I am in control of what is on the TV or what movie I'll watch at night.

- Music is solely at my discretion.

- I don't have to talk to anyone in the morning

- I don't have share *anything* in the morning.

- I don't have to take anyone else's opinion about my aesthetics into account.

- No debates if the apartment is too hot or cold.

- I decide how much clutter is too much and what should be done with said clutter.

There we go. Fifteen solid reasons why being single is a pretty alright gig.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! These are some serious benefits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all great reasons! I'd add that you can go out with friends as much as you want whenever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these reasons. :-) I need to get to part where I have my own apartment so that I can celebrate more of these. And even though I have a boyfriend, he lives two states away, so I feel like I still get the benefits of hogging the bed and doing whatever I want around my house.

    You're pretty and I like you! Happy Lots-O-Food Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, and so very true. I agree with pretty much everything you've listed - I love the benefits that single life has to offer. More money, more freedom, more time. You are your own boss and if you want to do something, you only need the approval of one person: yourself. It won't be permanent, but in the meantime it's a fairly awesome experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all fantastic benefits to being single. I know when I finally hit the point where I was happy in being single I realized my favourite part was that I could do what I wanted when I wanted without having to compromise.

    On one other note though, - I can go indefinitely without shaving my legs so long as I have clean pants to wear. ---- I still do that, even though I'm in a relationship. I figure, if he can't deal with me not shaving my legs in the winter, he ain't worth having around ;)

    ReplyDelete