1) What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
This list is long. Getting a tattoo. Going to a nude beach. Starting to get my numbers up. Change jobs. Become an aunt.
2) Did you keep your New Year Resolutions?
For a week. I'm always game for a week. After that, not so much.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
We're at that point in life where friends start having babies, so yes :D
4) Did anyone close to you die?
No, not close to me.
5)What countires did you visit?
I think I was stateside all this year.
6) What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A date?! In all seriousness, a greater sense of peace. The past few months have been killer, and I haven't been as at peace about it as I know I can/should be.
7)What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
For real? Um... lots? We'll go with getting a tattoo. That was a crazy fun experience that I was able to share with two people that I love very much.
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I made it through my first year of my "grown up"job intact.
9) What was your biggest failure?
I allowed others to dictate my happiness. I allowed circumstances to dictate my happiness. I lost sight of what is really important, and became caught up in all of the crap that takes up so much time and energy, but doesn't do anyone any good.
10) Did you suffer illness of injury?
Um, yes. I became a voiceless walking snotbomb more than once this year...
11)What was the best thing you bought?
I don't buy a whole lot of extra stuff that I don't essentially need. Nothing particuarly stands out.
12)Where did most of your money go?
This is easy: My landlord
13) What did you get really, really, really exicted about?
My cousin telling me that she's pregnant :)
14)What song will always remind you of 2011?
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
15) Compared to this time last year, are you?
happier or sadder - sadder
older or wiser - haha, um, it's 50/50
thinner or fatter - the same
richer or poorer - marginally richer
16) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Advocating for myself
17) What do you wish you had done less of?
Working excessively
18) How did you spend Christmas?
Just hanging out, taking the day completely off
19) Did you fall in love in 2011?
Eros love? No. Philia love? Damn straight I did.
20) What was your favorite TV program?
Downton Abbey. So, so, so, so very good.
21)Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word. I don't hate anyone, no. However, I do see some people quite differently.
22)What was the best book you read?
"Intimate Strategies of the Civil War: Millatary Commanders and Their Wives" This came straight from Gettysburg. It is awesome- it hits all of my academic g-spots. Besides, it got one of the best quotes of the year "Really? You read this stuff? I didn't know people actually read this stuff, and now I know one of them..."
23) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dubstep. The end.
24) What did you want and get?
A brand new spanking mattress that the guy at the store described as plywood, but really, it's just gloriousness.
25)What did you want and not get?
Not a whole lot, to be honest. I think that falls more into the realm of abstract thinking that would be damn near impossible to describe here.
26) What as your favorite film of the year?
I really didn't go to the movies. When I did go, I saw lots of little kid movies, and those are ech.
27) What did you do on your birthday? How old were you?
I turned 24, and I went for drinks and dinner with three fabulous ladies.
28) What kept you sane?
An awesome network of friends, both old and new, who are incrediably supportive and understanding.
29) Tell a life lesson you learned.
Maybe the life lesson not so much learned as rediscovered. People are in my life for a reason. I am in others' lives for a reason. Sometimes the reasons are obvious. Sometimes they aren't. None of this, not a single part, is an accident.
30) What song lyric sums up your year?
Tonight we're going hard, hard, ha-ha-ha-hard
Just like the world is ours, ours, ou-ou-ou-ours
We're tearin' it apart, part, pa-pa-pa-part
You know we're superstars
We are who we are
We're dancing like we're dumb, dumb, du-du-du-dumb
Our bodies going numb, numb, nu-nu-nu-numb
We'll be forever young, young, you-you-young
You know we're superstars
We are who we are
:-)
ReplyDeleteLove.
I may steal this.
Don't hate me for it.
I think I may steal this as well :)
ReplyDeleteI wanna play!
ReplyDelete1) i did a year of resolutions
2) i did one each month.
3) yes! like 3 wks ago
4) yes.
5)none this yr.
6)
quit diet coke
7)none. boo.
8)i got a blog sponsor, so that was cool .
9) let ppl get to me
10) colds, but i know how to stop/cut em in half!
11)plane tic
12)rent
13) blog sponsor. it was cool, i swear.
14)same answer!
15) Compared to this time last year, are you?
happier
older or wiser
the same
richer
16) what i wanted
17) being lazy
18) bro's wedding
19)no
20)mad men
21)yup
22)i honestly don't have one, and i've 2 english degrees!
23) a little of everything
24) clarisonic.im old.
25)nothing
26) again, can't decide.
27) karaoke partyyyyy
28 deep breaths
29) choose happiness. only YOu can make YOU happy.
30) today--sp
"I allowed others to dictate my happiness. I allowed circumstances to dictate my happiness. I lost sight of what is really important, and became caught up in all of the crap that takes up so much time and energy, but doesn't do anyone any good."
ReplyDeleteYou and me both, sister. You and me both. From reading your list I have to say you had a very interesting year. I hope 2012 brings you the sense of peace that you so earnestly desire (and not the end of the world, because dying has to suck).
~SP
Loved this.
ReplyDeleteParty Rock Anthem and Sexy And I Know It will ALWAYS remind me of 2011. Oh, LMFAO...
2011 may not have been the best, but the fact that you can point out the things you know led to that, well... you're one step closer to making 2012 an incredible year.
You are awesome, and it is awesome getting to watch you slowly get a grip on the things you want in life.