18 December 2011

They Don't Warn You About This Part

Target, for the first time in my adult life, has failed me.

They have gifts for him.
They have gifts for her.
They have gifts for tiny humans.

They do not have gifts for "the-guy-you-can't-quite-get-over-who-is-dating-someone-else-but-you-totally-were-checking-out-his-ass-last-night-and-you're-giving-gifts-to-everyone-else-so-it-would-be-a-bigger-thing-to-not-give-him-anything-than-it-would-be-to-buy-him-something-at-this-point"

Help. Me. Now.

5 comments:

  1. Hi visiting from 20SB. Wow that's a tall order for a present. Best of luck with your search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww haha I'm sorry to hear you're going through this dilemma! My default gift is always a book because they can hold subtle sentiments within. Otherwise, if you really want to look nonchalant, a gift card to Target itself is always very much appreciated from almost anyone. Hope this helps!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, that is a tricky situation. What are you getting the rest of your friends? Get him something similar or in the same price range.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A book is a nice thought. Safe, relatively inexpensive, and thoughtful without being overly romantic. Of course, he has to be a reader first lol. If that doesn't work out, then I'm not sure. Music is always a safe bet as well.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm late, but I would have done a gift card to a coffee shop he frequents or something -- not totally impersonal, but not screaming DEAR LORD I AM SO NOT OVER YOU either.

    ReplyDelete