So, I am giving the online dating thing another try.
Turns out that my profile is getting a lot of hits this time around, and the creepers seem to have stepped back. I have a couple emails waiting for me on the site, but since I'm not paying, I can't see who they're from or what the contents are. I have also been "favorited" (does that seem weird to anyone else?) and someone who I sad I was interested in also said they were interested in me.
Here's the dealio though.
I'm not paying for this site.
A) I put my contact info into my pictures, so if someone looks at my pictures, they should be able to add 2+2 and get four and email me. If they're really interested, they'll look at my whole profile, including pictures.
B) I am so broke it's not even funny. The money would be much better spent getting a haircut at this point.
C) There are ways around the system. Sticking it to the man and such.
Here's to hoping my plan works. I figure that I'm not any worse off for doing this, and hell, I might even get a date out of it. If anything, it's made me aware of how to "sell" myself. And by sell myself, I mean "give a good first impression" and not "something that will wind me up in jail."
Hurrah to creepers stepping back! And fingers crossed the sneaky plan works out. If they can't work out how to contact you, they were clearly too dumb for you anyway ;)
ReplyDeleteWell said! They should be able to figure it out.
DeleteIn my experience, the whole 'favourite' thing is kinda sketchy. Like a few other features some dating sites offer, it seems to be a thing people just click around with, but don't really take seriously.
ReplyDeleteOf course if it really is a legit favourite, good work getting yourself out there!
Wow! Well done getting the creeps to step back! I always found that the hardest thing to deal with regarding online dating.
ReplyDeleteJust be careful. We've all heard (or experienced) nightmare stories of creepers coming out of the woodworks from online dating sites...but, there are also many successes. Most of the success stories are pretty cute, too. You could be one of them. You never know. It only takes one good match :)
ReplyDeleteI like your idea about leaving it up to them to contact you. Not only is it so very traditional for the man to make the first move, but it shows they're truly interested and have initiative.
The online dating thing never worked for me, but I know people it definitely did work out for.
ReplyDeleteI was never smart enough to work my contact info into my pictures. I always tried to find creative ways to do it on my profile, but apparently no-one ever figured it out.
Hope this works out :)