A year. Sometimes it seems like I started last week, other times about five years ago.
It's funny, in retrospect, that the intention of this blog was to record my journey in forming a relationship. Turns out it was quite effective.
Yes, I'm just as single as I was when I went on my first meet up.
However, I have several new relationships. Relationships with people that I never would have met otherwise. Relationships with people across the country and across oceans. Relationships that have enriched my life. I cite #vagchill as one of the highlights of the past few months.
I've also started a new relationship with myself. I've given my self permission to become more aware of who I am and how I interact with the world. A place to be honest.
It's been a hell of a ride, but worth every second of it.
So, here's to the next leg of this journey.
I'm glad I decided to follow you on this journey, and hope there's a lot more to come! Congrats on 100 posts!
ReplyDeleteYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to 100 posts and a year of blogging (almost). And to awesome bloggy friends. Love you buckets! :)
ReplyDeleteHooray post and blogging anniversaries! And #vagchill is one of my favorites as well. We need to actually have a meetup just so I can make a facebook album entitled "#vagchill" and confuse a lot of people. :P
ReplyDeleteI am only a new reader but I loved reading this " I've given my self permission to become more aware of who I am and how I interact with the world." This is exactly what my blog is to me, and I have noticed that as I have become more comfortable with utilising the blog for this purpose I have been a better blogger. Enjoy the process!
ReplyDeleteHappy bloggerversary! I agree, the most rewarding part of my blogging experience have been the borderless friendships - they span state lines, country borders, and even oceans. It's a one-of-a-kind experience.
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear about your newfound relationship with yourself. Even though your rabbit hole hasn't turned out exactly as you expected, I think you're right where you were meant to be :)
Was it really only a year at this point? It feels like you've been around so much longer (and that's a good thing!) Happy Belated One Year Blogiversary!
ReplyDelete