On Thursday, I went to an art gallery exhibit with team!friend. It didn't really live up to any of my expectations, but I did get to wear a skirt that I had made especially for the event. It can't get much better than that.
Anyway, the goal was to talk to one person.
I didn't even get to do that.
In the entire evening, I saw one man who was by himself and under the age of 40. As soon as I walked over to the painting he was looking at in order to start a conversation, he walked away. I wasn't about to chase him down yelling "BUT YOU'RE MY PERSONAL GOAL!" so that was how that ended.
There were some other highlights of the night including a poetry reading using an oak tree as a metaphor for sex, a guy who put a hair-do-dad in his beard, and another man who was balding, but still had really long hair on the sides, chose to braid his hair in lots of little braids and pull them all back into one big braid.
The next night I wound up going to a local concert courtesy of team!friend. I thought for sure I would be able to talk to a guy there. I mean, it was a concert for crying out loud. So I did my hair, put on a flirty shirt that shows off my tattoo, and actually did my makeup. I was hot, dangerous, and ready to do this thing.
Alas, it wasn't meant to be. The boys were either way too young or with girls already. So, again, not so much. There was one guy who looked somewhat interesting and age appropriate, however, he vanished into the crowd before I could make my way over to him.
Saturday I had a training at work for my new project. There was a guy there who was kinda cute and funny. Turns out he's twenty and we only brought him on for the summer. Twenty! Which, really? There is such a huge difference between twenty and twenty-five versus twenty-five and thirty! I don't consider myself to be much younger than a lot of my friends (most of whom are right around that 30 mark) but I consider myself to be way older than this new coworker.
Yesterday I spent part of the afternoon with hoodie!boy at a vaugely political thing. I enjoyed it like I always do, and for multiple reasons. Big!boss' daughter was there which was... shocking to say the least. I didn't know she had any interest in such things. However, she has a thing for hoodie!boy so I can't help but think that had something to do with it. Needless to say, when I came in, and he told me she was there, drinking, I about fell over dead. That was the last place I expected to see her. Regardless, we still had a nice time chatting with each other and a couple of other people who were there.
To sum it all up, there isn't much to tell other than I am trying to get out there once again.
Okay, I'm officially stealing "But you're my personal goal!!!!" and am going to yell it at random things. BECAUSE I CAN. A recipe I'm trying to make that is harder than it seemed? Yelling. This stupid never ending essay? Yelling. A book that turns out to be really craptacular and I can't bring myself to keep reading? YELLING.
ReplyDeleteAhem. Yay to getting out there! I'll be sitting here on the sofa cheering you on, 'kay? :)
Agreed with Melbourne, best new catch phrase EVAR.
ReplyDeleteAnd you go, girl. I buhleeeeve in youuu!!!! Just keep doing things that make YOU happy and make YOU feel awesome, and the whole meeting-people-stuff will kind of take care of itself. That is my theory, anyhow. ;-) Love and cupcakes!
Excellent! Even baby steps in the right direction still show a lot of progress toward your goals. Maybe you just weren't in the right places. I went to a concert last summer, a little show down in Pittsburgh, and I was shocked to see the flood of teenyboppers. I was one of the oldest people there, and the band wasn't exactly The Wiggles. It made no sense. Anyway, you had to take a lot of time away from the rabbit hole because real life interfered. I'm glad that you're climbing back up on the horse now.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I laughed at the image of you chasing that guy down the hall.
Sounds like a lot of fun events crammed into a short amount of time.
ReplyDeleteIt's the little steps that start us in the right path :)