08 June 2012

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me a Match

This is getting out of hand...

Early in the week, I ran into my big boss, and he complemented me on my hair. It's getting long now, and I'm wearing it curly, mostly because I can't seem to summon up the internal fortitude to beat it into straight submission, only to have it snark on me an hour later and curl anyways. That and I'm poor/lazy and haven't gotten it cut since my birthday. Which was over four months ago...

Later in the day, I run big!boss with hoodie!boy. He stops their conversation and says "hoodie!boy, doesn't Alice's hair look really pretty today?"

Um, what?

So, hoodie!boy and I navigate that one. I thought it was odd, but went on to other things - namely the massive amount of work that I needed to get done.

I tell team!friend about it the next day, and she thinks that big!boss is trying to play matchmaker. I scoff. 

Scoffing never works well for me.

On Wednesday, I was going to go out to eat on a gift card that was somewhat randomly given to me. I find my boss and ask her if she would like something while I'm out. We're both crazy busy, and I just wanted to get out for a few to clear my head. She says that she wants to go and eat in, which is fine by me. She goes off to see if any of our other coworkers would like to join us. 

Big!boss overhears us and invites himself and hoodie!boy along.

Um, what?

We get the the place, order our food, and when we sit down, hoodie!boy plopped right next to me. There were like five other seats he could gave picked, but he chose to sit next to me. Then we start talking, and telling stories of what we were like as kids. Big!boss was definitely facilitating that conversation. BTW, we were totally the same kid.

Throughout the conversation, I notice that hoodie!boy and I start moving closer together. Like, body language wise. We were so close we were almost touching. Which hasn't happened in quite a while.  He was also very attententive to me throughout the whole thing.

Everyone that I've told this story seems to agree that big!boss is trying to pull something with hoodie!boy and I.

Not quite sure what I think about that.

All of this is in the middle of a marathon of going out and trying to get my numbers up. I have one more event, and then I'll most the collective sum of all of it. I figure it might be better to have one entry instead of breaking them up into smaller ones.

4 comments:

  1. Like I said to you the other day, I'm putting money on Big!boss DEFINITELY playing matchmaker. Although I don't really have any money, so...

    But yes. Definitely trying to do sneaky matchmake-y things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either big!boss is playing matchmaker or hoodie!boy has told big!boss that he likes you but he is too shy/nervous or whatever to do something about it. That's just my interpretation of events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is an interesting turn of events. Not sure what's happening - as Jay said, we don't know whether big!boss is acting on his own or if hoodie!boy is just too shy to do it himself. The latter sounds like wishful thinking, as you haven't really described him as a shy person. But, I suppose anything is possible. I say go with it and have fun - who knows what kind of sitcom-esque hijinks can develop! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of when people try to play matchmaker without your consent. I had a lot of people trying to push me and a few of my best friends together (different time periods of course), and it ruined two of those friendships and made another incredibly awkward because he decided he thought the matchmaking was a good idea, whereas I had zero interest whatsoever.

    I wish people would mind their own business or ask permission first. Not that I'm bitter about that or anything... >.>

    ReplyDelete