It has been a long time since I've done anything remotely related to getting my numbers up. Craft!boy was a while ago, and since then it's been all radio silence. I'm not sorry for this, or feel as if I should make apologies. However, I am registered to go to a wine and chocolate sampling this week. Very apropo considering what time of year we are finding ourselves in, no?
Am I expecting anything to come from it? No. Not at all. If anything, I'm expecting lots of married couples and single women to be there. Still, it a) simply gets me back out there and b) it's good practice for mingling and being social. Not being naturally inclined to do that, I need to keep working on those skills. I'm afraid not using them has atrophied the bit I have learned.
And as far as hoodie!boy goes? Who the hell knows what's going on there. There is some movement there, I'm just not sure what direction. The question is: does it matter? Right now I can't bring myself to say that it does.
Sometimes real life interferes with our goals. "The best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray", no? I think the same words can apply to rabbit holes and quests for greater social skills. If you're ready to, get back out there! And hopefully we get to hear about this week's adventure.
ReplyDelete~Shane
Have fun at your tasting!
ReplyDeleteTrying to get yourself out there is one of the hardest things. Sometimes, it's hard to do that when real life gets in the way. But the fact that you're still getting out there when you can is a good sign :)
ReplyDelete