Some of them good. Some of them bad. Some of them more WTF than anything.
The summarization of these thoughts is this: I've decided that I'm going to be seeing a therapist.
I've been thinking about it a lot lately, mainly because I'm coming to the realization that I have a laundry list of issues and shoving them in a box and tucking the box away is ceasing to work. It's becoming a hot mess, and starting to look a lot like this:
![]() |
Point being, I refuse to be pinned down
I knew that one of the "side effects" of the rabbit hole was self-discovery, I just didn't realize it would go this far. Or rather getting my numbers up was a "side effect" of self-discovery. Take your pick.
How knows, this could be just as funny as my really awkward attempts at meet-ups and giving my number to cute strangers. I mean just trying to get the authorization number was a comedy of errors. Especially since a lot of what I'll be talking about are work issues, and I'm pretty sure what-the-hell-ever I'm doing with hoodie!boy falls into that category.
So, yeah.
Here's to the next adventure.

You know I fully support this decision. Therapy as self-discovery is a brilliant idea. I hope to hear how your first session went.
ReplyDelete(On a completely unrelated and random note, the first few letters of each line of your posts disappear into your background. Maybe it's just the browser I'm using?)
~Shane
I think if everyone went to therapy once in a while the world would be a much better place. Truth is, when things get stuck in our own heads, and habits and everything else, it's hard to figure things out when we don't have that outside, unbiased opinion.
ReplyDeleteI guess I'll find out more how this went as I read on. :)