I had big dreams for my birthday last night. Some were far fetched, but some were maybe not so much.
Turns out, reality far surpassed my dreams.
Yesterday I was loved on so hardcore, it took my breath away. In the midst of all of the crap and drama and insanity that has taken over my life... I was reminded how much I am loved and cared for. How valuable I am.
While at work, I received several gifts that were both incredibly generous and personal. Guess who is going spring dress shopping at Macy's? Yeah... that was what I was told to do. Go out and buy myself some more pretty dresses, because I do enjoy them. I also was given some beautiful flowers, balloons, and my favorite candies. I was sang to and laughed and had so much fun.
Then, I left a little bit early to get my hair cut. When I to the place I got my hair washed, my neck massaged, and a yummy glass of wine. Turns out three other women in the salon had their birthday yesterday. So I have cute hair once again, a little bit shorter than it was, and bangs cut back in, and I was looking all hot and dangerous. My wonderful hairdresser was asking what my dress looked like so he could style my hair to match. He did a suburb job.
When over to my friends' home to get ready. One of my friends did my make up, and between that and the hair and I felt like a million bucks. Just as we were getting all dressed and ready to go, they brought out my present. I opened it and did a wonderful impression of Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB Gun. Except it was a Coach purse. I about cried. It was very thoughtful and generous and personal, as it is in the style of purse that I use most often. And big. Because apparently my purse is more like a filing cabinet than anything else.
After that, we went to the place. I'd heard nothing but good things about it, and it stood up to all the rave reviews. The food was yummy, the drinks well made, the company mindblowing. I just sat there for a moment, with all my friends laughing and and carrying on around me, fun music playing, sitting in this city that I never imagined I would live in and felt... peace. I'm happy. In spite of everything, I'm so happy. In a few days I'll get to revisit my old life... but this...this is the best parts right here.
Then there was hoodie!boy. He showed up with product in is hair, his earrings in and I started thinking naughty, naughty thoughts. It was cute when he got shy around me, and I caught him looking at me more than once. While we were eating, belly dancers came around, and he seemed to enjoy them. How badly I wanted to say, "I can do that too, you know." But instead I smiled to myself. I was a bit sad when he left, and sent him a message thanking him for stopping by. He sent me a message close to midnight wishing me happy birthday again.
I thought I wanted the night to end with hoodie!boy kissing me, taking me into the city for dancing and whatnot. Instead, I was happy enough to drive home, talking to one of my best friends, looking at the city lights. Driving with the windows down and the music all the way up. Then, when I got home, I brought my gifts inside, washed my face, and put on cozy pjs. Then, I crawled into my bed, all peacefully content, and fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow.
This was I think the best birthday that I've had. Maybe it means more to me this year because the past few months have been so rough. Maybe it's because I'm getting wise enough to really realize what is in front of me. Maybe it's because I'm growing into myself.
Reality was much better than my dreams.
Happy, happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteI love it when real life is better than dreams or fiction.
So glad the night was more than you imagined! You deserve it...
Love to you!
So glad you had such a great birthday! If anybody deserves it, you do!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I'm glad you had such an awesome day.
ReplyDeleteA little late but a wonderful birthday to you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love when life surprises you by being awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteLor
Time for me to get caught up on your blog... I can't believe it's been over a year since all my craziness started.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that was a wonderful birthday. Every now and again, we need to be doted upon and loved endlessly by those around us. Pampering and spoiling is good every now and again.