After looking around, I found exactly half of what I needed for the project I was going to undertake. I figured I could get the rest for a lot cheeper somewhere else. I go up to the register and there he is. Craft!boy. I'm pretty sure craft!boy works the afternoon shift, because I always seem him there when I go in after work.
And he's cute.
No, he's hot.
Like, really hot.
Like, Death Valley at the end of July hot.
For real.
Anyway, we flirt a lot when I check out in general. Tonight... tonight we went a little bit further.
c!b: "Hey, how you doing?"
a: "Alright. You?"
c!b: ( leans forward) "Can you take me home?"
a: omg omg omg omg yes yes yes yes yes I will take you home. "Sure, why not?"
c!b: "I'm really good at chores and dishes and laundry."
a: I bet you're good at a lot of other things... "I do have a lot of laundry to fold."
c!b :"So long as I don't have to stand at your counter all night, I'm okay"
a : Trust me... you'll be no where near my counter. "No, you can sit on the couch and fold laundry."
c!b: "Sounds good. (proceeds to tell me that I can enter for a gift card, blah blah blah)
a: "Have a good night."
c!b: "I'll meet you outside, right?"
a: "Yeah..."
So, I leave. Keep in mind I am on the phone with yang!friend at the time. Now, I fill her in on what happened, because she couldn't hear all of our conversation. We're talking and I say that I should have given him my number. Once I say it, I realize what I actually said, and yang!friend is going with it. She is really amping me up to do this. Even better, I do have to go back to Michaels to get the second half of the project anyway, since no where else had what I needed.
So, armed with my number on a scrap of paper, I walk into Michaels and see him at the register. I have my whole little thing planned out "Hey, I was thinking, if you're going to do my laundry, you're going to need my number..." I go back, get what I need... and he's gone.
WTF
So, I meander around the store for a little bit. I have the balls to do this, and hell, I'm going to do it. But, alas, it wasn't meant to be. I saw him walk up to the register again, but it was only to get a file or something, not to be back on shift. Some other guy took care of me, who wasn't as fun or flirty or even remotely attractive. And so, my number still sits in my wallet.
Until next time.
Oh la la. I like craft!boy. I like him a lot :D
ReplyDeleteGo for it!
~SP
UGH FOR REALS? That's annoying. He sounds like fun.
ReplyDeleteCraft Boy...love it!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl...keep that number in your pocket for the next time inspiration strikes and you're checking out at Michael's.
(Love the internal dialogue byt he way!)
On a related note...they closed our Michael's and it sucks. I used to be there at least once a week. Now I have to travel all the way to Hobby Lobby and it's just not the same. (sigh)
Oh, you should TOTALLY go for it. I mean, the worst that can happen is he doesn't call.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love Michael's... just wish I could afford to shop there :(