When life kicked me to the curb hardcore 2 years ago, the biggest lesson I learned was that while I may not be able to control life's circumstances, I was the one who was in control of the direction of my life and of the people who I allowed myself to be around.
Every relationship prior to then had ended in misery and heartache... but when I learned to make it clear that I was not just an option, but a choice, the two relationships I've had since then were 100% different. Yes, tears were shed at the end of relationship number one, but never was it because I felt like I was just an 'option'.
And now? Now I know I am the only choice. And a guy who feels that way, will show you that all the time.
*hugs*
You'll get there love, you're too wonderful not to.
If only I could always remember that. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen life kicked me to the curb hardcore 2 years ago, the biggest lesson I learned was that while I may not be able to control life's circumstances, I was the one who was in control of the direction of my life and of the people who I allowed myself to be around.
ReplyDeleteEvery relationship prior to then had ended in misery and heartache... but when I learned to make it clear that I was not just an option, but a choice, the two relationships I've had since then were 100% different. Yes, tears were shed at the end of relationship number one, but never was it because I felt like I was just an 'option'.
And now? Now I know I am the only choice. And a guy who feels that way, will show you that all the time.
*hugs*
You'll get there love, you're too wonderful not to.