I read an article not to long ago that suggested writing a love letter to oneself. Like, something you think your lover would write to you. What do you think they would find attractive? What would they see in you? That sort of thing. Apparently it's supposed to help with perspective and headspace.
*crickets*
It was painfully hard.
I sat there for a good ten minutes before I could even put anything down. So I started with my name. After that, it was like pulling really fucking impacted wisdom teeth. You know like that time I was high on Twilight or whatever the hell they gave me and it made me cry and cry about football!boy and I had crazy bad bruises along my jaw? Which is to say it didn't go well at all.
So, I guess that's something to be worked on. I mean, I should be able to think of something to put down, right? I mean, it wasn't the silliness of writing to myself -- I have no shame when it comes to doing silly things. I was just trying to think of attractive attributes. This isn't to say that I wasn't able to come up with a few things. I'll hang my hat on those things for sure, but it was a red flag to me that I couldn't come up with more. I feel like I should be able to come up with more than four things about myself.
Maybe that will be my challenge for this week. Come up with 20 things that a lover would find attractive about me.
That and give my number to craft!boy when I have to run to Michaels for more yarn. After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
P.S. - Is it bad that I really, really, really wanna make out with craft!boy?
Nope. I think it's awesome that you want to make out with Craft Boy! Nice.
ReplyDeleteA lover letter to one's self...THAT is an interesting idea...
Writing the good things about ourselves is always really hard to do. I always have issues pointing out my good qualities, and it's something I'm working on. Because if we can't find ourselves attractive and worth it - then who is?
ReplyDeleteDude, I think making out with Craft!boy is what needs to happen next time he asks you for your Micheal's Rewards card. Just be like, "Pfft, uh yeah, I got your REWARD right here!" SMOOCH. Done deal. :-D
ReplyDeleteAnd that's such an interesting idea. I might try that. I feel like every time I would think of something good to put down, I would immediately be aware of the fault or faults that I feel accompany it. And writing a love letter of one's faults is not very romantic.
Making out with craft!boy is DEFINITELY an okay thing.
ReplyDeleteI've heard of writing the letter to yourself before, but I doubt I could ever do it. I'm always far too skeptical to come up with anything.
That sounds like a great idea. I'm not sure I could do it either though.
ReplyDelete