20 January 2012

Promises, Promises

I told myself that I would find twenty things about myself that a lover would find attractive about me. Not going to lie, it was still a struggle, but an interesting exercise nonetheless. A lot of the time I wanted to but caviates after the statements. The word "but" was always there, but I tried to ignore it. We all can add "but" to these sort of things... but (heh!) isn't it the point that the other person can say "In spite of x,y, and that ever present z I still love this person like crazy?"

I don't know how helpful it really was, but sitting at taking an outside look at myself did give me a new perspective on how others may see me. I really can't say if this list is accurate or not... because really? It's not like I can be completely outside of myself. 

So here I give you 20 things that a lover would appreciate about me:

- I can be as stubborn as hell.

- I am very firm in my beliefs

- I can make really awesome red velvet cookies.

- I have crazy unique eyes.

- When I have to do something... I just do it.

- I'm not what I appear to be at all.

- I want to sit on the couch and snuggle.

- I like corsets and belly dancing. A lot.

- I have pretty much the entire series of West Wing memorized, as well as several movies, and have no problem quoting them in every day conversation.

- My sense of humor is dark and quirky.

-When I try to dance at a club it is almost always unintentionally funny.

- I'm sentimental.

- I don't always think of things in the same way that most people do.

- There isn't much in life that I half-ass... If I'm going to hit a wall, I want to hit it at a run.

- I feel for others, and want to make sure that everyone is okay.

- I enjoy planning things, and always have *something* I'm looking forward to.

- I have a talent for art like things.

- I get super excited, like overly excited, when I'm able to MacGyver shit.

- When I love, I love deeply and openly.

- I'm not afraid of going off the beaten path.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome list! You've listed many things that anybody would find desirable in a relationship. It shows that you have a lot to offer to some lucky guy, and that you deserve to have a lot of confidence because of these great qualities. When you meet the lover who will appreciate you for these awesome aspects of your personality, you will meet each other as equals. That type of connection is the most rewarding of all. (Oh, and red velvet cookies? Freakin' delicious!)

    ~Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous!

    I think you especially nailed the "I'm not what I appear to be at all."

    I know my first perception of you was way off, until I talked to you for five minutes and corsets were part of the conversation. It was at that point I breathed a sigh of relief and thought, "Whew! I like this chick. She'll handle anything that comes her way!"

    Love you, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I didn't know you did belly dancing! I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all fantastic qualities.

    And I can guarantee that these will all be things the right one absolutely adores about you when he comes into your life. :)

    ReplyDelete