I had to run to Michaels tonight to return some yarn I ended up not needing.
Who was at the register?
That's right... craft!boy.
So... after making small talk, and he giving me my receipt back, I put it in my purse, pulled out my number, set it on the counter, smiled, and walked away.
Now I know why people bungee jump and sky dive and what have you. That adrenaline rush is amazing. A different sort of rush then being tattooed, but in the same vein.
Anyway, I feel pretty damn good right about now. It would be awesome if he calls. I mean, it would be absolutely fabulous if he calls. W could grab dinner or coffee or a movie or anything. But even if he doesn't, that's okay. Because I did it. I got up the balls to give a guy I find attractive my number. Even now I'm giggling because I am in slight doubt that I actually did it.
But I did.
The slip of paper isn't in my purse any more...
I have never done the whole give a guy my number thing. Me = chicken.
ReplyDeleteYou = brave.
Lor
Go you! I have never been bold enough to give anyone my number, so I give you all the credit in the world. On the rare instances where I had the courage to approach someone I felt romantically attracted to, the rush was nearly overwhelming. So happy for you! You took the leap. It might result in a phone call, it might not. I hope he does call. Either way you tried something new and put yourself on the line. Isn't that what this lovely rabbit hole is all about? Kudos :)
ReplyDelete~SP
I am so incredibly proud of you my dear! That takes a lot of courage. And you're right. If he doesn't call, that's okay, because the whole important part about this was not that he calls -- it was that you did something absolutely terrifying and had the courage to do it.
ReplyDeleteYou stepped out of your comfort zone without knowing what the income will be. This is exactly what the rabbit hole is about, if I've understood correctly, and I couldn't be more proud of you :)
Good for you! I'm so proud!
ReplyDelete