05 February 2012

Optimism

All night long on my bed
I looked for the one my heart loves;
I looked for him but did not find him.

I will get up now and go about the city,
through its streets and squares;
I will search for the one my heart loves.
So I looked for him but did not find him.

The watchmen found me
as they made their rounds in the city.
"Have you seen the one my heart loves?"

Scarcely had I passed them
when I found the one my heart loves.
I held him and would not let him go
till I brought him to my mother's house,
to the room of the one who conceived me.

Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you
by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.

- Song of Songs 3:1-5

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. This sounds like a very poetic way to say that no matter how hard you try, you never find love until it's ready to come to you. It's a concept I like to live by.

    ~Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful text, i love it, follow u now, we could follow each other :)
    If u can, visit:
    unknownlooks.blogspot.com
    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Song of Songs was one of my favourite books when I was single. I mean, I hated it, because it was all about telling me to wait, but I learned a lot from it. I think what I loved most about it, was that my understanding led me to believe that the women it was talking about were women like us, who so desired to find love but were being unsuccessful... just one of those little reminders that not only have people gone through this long before us, but that God knows what we were going through and was right there with us.

    ReplyDelete