22 February 2012

The Idea

Not too long ago, team!friend went to a party. While she was there, she met this guy. This guy has dark hair,  is very articulate, is easy to make conversation with, and not to long ago wrote a paper for publication. He's young and ambitious, but gives off the vibe of quality.

Then, the idea struck her.

Why not set up Alice and this guy?!

She is currently in the process of connecting with the friend who threw the party to see if there is anyway that a group of us could go out and do something in the city, and both myself and this guy are there. Team!friend doesn't want to force anything (which I am totally on board for) but she is pretty sure that we would naturally gravitate toward each other if we were in the same social situation. 

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the whole thing, but it can't hurt. I mean, there is no promise that this shindig where we are supposed to meet is even going to happen. If it does happen, at least there will be some movement. Even if nothing comes of this, I will admit that I'm at least excited about the idea. That is a huge step. It's been since med!boy that I was excited about someone. Besides, I can't remember the last time I did something to get my numbers up.

There are lots of changes happening in my life right now, and this could very well be another change that is on the horizon. I have faith that it's all going to work out the way it should, there is perfect timing (just not always how I define perfect), and there is no such thing as a coincidence. What more does a girl need?

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Hey lady, it could be a really fun evening. Have an awesome time being your awesome self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like this new development. I think it has the potential to go somewhere nice. Hopefully the arrangements work out and everyone goes to the shindig! At the very least, it will make for an interesting story.

    ~Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's exciting. I hope things work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one sucky thing about falling behind on your friend's lives and blogs is not knowing how things turned out. So onward I go!

    ReplyDelete