So, I've been working on this one post for a while now. It's still not finished, and to be honest, I don't know if I'll ever even post it. It's all a bunch of catharsis...so while it was horribly wonderful to write, I'm not entirely sure it's suitable for public consumption.
Instead, I totally stole this from Kathy at That's What She Said
Rules:
1) Put your music player on shuffle
2) Press forward for each question
3) Use the song title to answer the question
1) How am I feeling today? Fireflies - Owl City
Slept wonderfully last night. :)
2) Where will I go in life? Drive - Melissa Ferrick
Apparently I'll be having lots and lots of really hot sex? Although, side note, I love the sexual energy in this song. So much more than NIN Closer, which seems to do it for just about everyone else...
3) How do my friends see me? Good Girl Gone - Mika
I'm still a good girl, my name isn't Georgia, and I don't have a double d bust... so I'm thinking iTunes was lying. Mika is awesome anyway.
4) What will my marriage be like? Wonderwall - Ryan Adams
This actually one of my favorite love songs, and my favorite version of it, so I'm okay with this.
5)What is my best friend's theme song? Cocaine - Eric Clapton
Well... she does slice up dead people who die from cocaine overdoses so...
6) What is my life's theme song? Revelry - Kings of Leon
"The time we shared was precious to me, but all time I was dreaming of revelry"
7) What was high school like for me? Satisfy - Vedera
"Expectations fall. It seemed as if our will was no match for the trouble found."
8) How am I going to get ahead in life? Promiscous - Nelly Furtato
Why I didn't I think of sleeping around to get ahead?!
9) What is the best thing about me? Wisemen - James Blunt
Not quite sure what to do with this one...
10) What is in store for you this weekend? Hanging by a Moment - Lifehouse
It's a long weekend so I do have some time on my hands.
11) What song describes my parents? With my Own Eyes - Dario Marianelli
The only thing I can think of is that I don't believe that my mother thought I would actually pick up and move 1200 miles away until she saw it happen with her own eyes.
12) My husband? Eyes on Fire - Vitamin String Quartet
The song itself is rather spiteful, but this version of it is awesome. So, I'll say that my husband can be describe as awesome.
13) How is my life going? I Have Understanding As Well As You - Adrian Johnston
I actually said something very much like this not too long ago. I'm not in my freshman year anymore. I know quite a bit now. There is also an element of furstration that comes through, and I can relate to that right now.
14) What song will play at my funeral The Finish Line- Snow Patrol
Too perfect, really.
The one video for this song wouldn't load to this post, which sucks. Click here for the song
15) How does the world see me? Ashes and Wine - A Fine Frenzy
So a lovelorn pryromanic boozer? *hangs head*
16)What will make my life happy? Arms Around Me - Tyrone Wells
I don't know it would make me happy, but it is a pretty song regardless. Pretty songs make my life happy.
17) How can I make myself happy? Talk - Coldplay
The X&Y album reminds me of the summer before I went to college, and going to college was the first thing in a very long time that had made me happy. So maybe, keep moving? That or just, you know, talking with people. Either way.
18) What should I do with my life? Tik Tok - Kesha
Forget what I'm doing now... I should live a life that involves brushing my teeth with Jack. After all, I am a lovelorn pryomanic boozer.
19) What will my children be like? American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
So... I'm guessing they'll be tattooed? Although I guess that means I'll be a widow...
20) What is some good advice for me? Take Five - Dave Brubeck
I do need to chill the hell out about 99.72 percent of the time
21) What is my signature dancing song? Like a G6 - The Far East Movement
No... that would be hoodie!boy's since that was the song was playing when he threw up his hood and did that damn volocopraper move that earned him that name in the first place.
22) What is my current theme song? In Repair - John Mayer
Considering that for the past while I've been trying to clean up the hot emotional mess that I inadventantly made for myself, I'm saying solid call.
23) What does everyone else think my theme song is? Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
Somewhat apt... but for reasons that can't be shared on the blog. You just gotta trust me on this one.
24) What should I do right now? Young Hearts Run Free - Kym Mazelle
Oh, I am totally watching Romeo and Juliet when I finish this now...
25) What will I name this post? Rootless Tree- Damien Rice
.
I love all of the random music on your ipod- and I miss you giving me mix CDs of music I need to listen to. I need to find the one you made me for August.
ReplyDeleteYou have compelling taste in music. Your schiznophrenic iPod reminds me much of my own. Coldplay is my favorite. Next to Kesha and James Blunt? What a unique mix.
ReplyDelete~Shane
I love this post because of the music selection but also because of "Why I didn't I think of sleeping around to get ahead?!"
ReplyDeleteLOL. :)
Lor
I love that you put the songs on here, great idea.
ReplyDeleteI love your taste in music. I would be terribly frightened to see what came up on mine if I did this.
ReplyDelete