Emma at charcoalrenderings gave me the One Lovely Blog Award, and so here it is:
Okay, this one needs to be broken down into categories. Overall, my favorite color is orange. My childhood bedroom is painted the color of orange sherbet even. My favorite color to wear is blue, it seems to work better with my hair and eyes. Then, I do have to give green a shoutout, because it wound up in my apartment way more than I thought it would.
Name Your Favorite Song:
This one is easier than I thought it would be. Ryan Adams version of Wonderwall. Something about this cover that just *kills* me. In a completely wonderful way of course.
Name Your Favorite Dessert:
I like dessert too much. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is way up there, though.
What Pisses You Off?:
Right now its people who don't use turn signals. For real. Turn signals are sexy people. I'm talking really sexy. Sexier than a guy who is tall, dark, handsome, has pretty eyes, a good sense of humor, and musical talent. And you want to be really sexy, right?
When You Are Upset You...
Stew. I sit and stew for a little bit. Then I'm over it, usually because my life doesn't allow me much stewing time these days.
Your Favorite Pet?:
As much as I loved one of the dogs that we had growing up, I have to admit that our beagle is my favorite pet. We got her from a shelter a little over two years ago now. Poor thing was abused in her previous life, and is admittedly pretty fucked up inside for it. She's dark and twisty, but do I ever love her. For some reason, she also loves me back. As in I'm the only person in the family she'll cuddle with and seek out. When I'm home she's my shadow and she'll make the happy growl when I love on her. So she is my furbaby and I'm her furmomma.
Black or White?:
Black. White I mess up way to easily. Besides, I look much better in black than I do in white.
Everyday Attitude:
Quiet and polite, which an internal running commentary of snark which isn't so internal anymore when I get around the people that I'm close to.
Best Feature:
My eyes. They are quite pretty, which I feel like is very vain to say, but I think it's true. They have all sorts of different colors in them, and aren't like anyone else in my family. My mom thinks it's kind of funny, because I even have a bit of a light brown around my pupil, and no one on either side of my family has any sort of brown in their eyes.
Guilty Pleasure:
Grey's Anatomy. I love watching over the top nighttime soaps.
7 Random Things
- I just time traveled. Yep, you heard that right. Yesterday, I laid down for a nap. I woke up 14 hours later and it was today. What the hell?! This virus is kicking my ass all over the school yard.
- My toes are in desperate need of new nail polish. They're looking pretty beat up.
- I have recently figured out how to French braid my own hair, which is amazing, and because I'm like a kid with a new toy, my hair is more often braided than not.
- I have insanely small hands. I know of an eight year old who has bigger hands than I do. I can wear children's watches comfortably, and my college ring can't even fit on a grown man's pinky.
- I quote "The West Wing" in daily conversation unabashedly.
- I am seriously considering taking a history class in the spring at the community college. I'll end up just auditing it, but I think it would do me a world of good to get my academic on for a little bit. My only reservation is that it seems like they only offer 1000 and 2000 level courses, and I need more than that.
- I am kind of wondering about Halloween weekend. Halloween 08 sucked and time stood still and I as in bed at 10, Halloween 09 was absolutely awesome and unforgettable and was one of the first times I saw myself as an adult, and Halloween 10 was... well let's just say there was lots (and lots and lots) of vodka and dancing involved and hoodie!boy got his name that night. This has a lot to live up to.

Great post, as always wildly entertaining! Coincidence: my childhood room is still sunset orange on all walls til this day. Congrats on the blog award!
ReplyDeleteAwards and everything now! This means I can be a hipster and say things like 'I was following before she was cool'.
ReplyDelete^What Dave said.
ReplyDeleteInteresting facts. Turn signals are also my biggest pet peeve, especially when someone is switching lanes on the highway. I kind of want to punch people in the throat when they're too lazy to use them.
Hope your Halloween will live up to your expectations!
~SP
Love posts like this that give us a little glimpse into you :)
ReplyDelete