28 October 2011

Memories, All Alone in the Moonlight

Tonight will be a year since hoodie!boy got his name. Before we say it's "awkward" that I know this, I would just like to preface that it was the Friday before Halloween. Which I guess would technically make it tomorrow....

What a difference a year makes.

So as I sit here, I remember that night. And I smile.

I remember how different he looked with product in his hair and earrings in. 
I remember how he was so close to touching me at the party, but not quite and how it drove me mad. 
I remember how me made me drinks every time my glass was empty, teasing me about how much vodka I could take. 
I remember his stories about when he was my age and how differently we spent our early 20s. 
I remember announcing my favorite word is "fuck" and the way he smirked at me.
I remember team!friend scheming to get us to go out.
I remember giving him a tiny show after I had dressed, and he giving me an even bigger one later. 
I remember walking to the club and talking about the mob being involved in politics. 
I remember the way he looked standing against that pillar and how I wanted to kiss him more than I wanted air. 
I remember slipping in some beer and having bar filth all up and down my legs.
I remember team!friend raising her glass to "Raise your Glass" and laughing with her
I remember hoodie!boy throwing up his hood and doing some sort of velociraptor move to "Like a G6."
I remember wondering if he could move like that vertically, what on earth could he do horizontally.
I remember saying goodnight and being so sad that it was over.
I remember waking up with the mother of all hangovers and texting the next morning telling him that he would never play bartender for me again. His response? "ha ha"

Yes, I sit here and I smile and am thankful that I have these memories. Wonderful memories from an October night when I was twenty three years old and nothing seemed impossible.

That will keep me warm enough tonight.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you can look back and feel happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to be able to think back on something like this and smile and laugh all over again (but without the hangover this time!). Happy Halloween, friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, A. Very soulful. I love the way you describe these memories - it sounds like it was a very special night.

    It's often very bittersweet to look back upon old memories. We smile because they happened, but we also can't help noticing how things have changed since then...for better and for worse. I find myself reminiscing quite often as well, especially on anniversaries of certain occasions. It's not weird that you remember; I have a good memory for dates as well.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thoughtful. I do not have an great memory for certain things. I'm really bad at anniversaries and birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. Sometimes, it's good to remember the good things about a person. It helps you forget about the bad.

    ReplyDelete