... but this is fun :)
8) Elevator cables snapping and plummeting to my death. For real, the movie Ghost Dad terrified me so much that I would only take the stairs or escalators until I was in my late teens. If I had to take an elevator I was very much clinging to the sides and praying the whole time. I'm still not a big fan of them.
7) Being stalked. I even made an entire movie on it for a class I took in college.
6) Big bugs. Enough said.
5) Unsolved Mysteries. As in the TV show. As in just the music would make me run out of the room as a small child. Now I just turn the channel.
4) Not having enough money stocked away when my car eventually goes to the great scrap metal pile in the sky
3) I will never be able to retrieve the soul of my first born from the evil clutches of Sallie Mae
2) Having to leave my job for whatever reason. I love my job. I love the people. I love the whole experience.
1) My Pooh and blankie will fall apart. For reals. My blankie is looking pretty shabby these days. Although, I've had it since I was five hours old, sooooo... I'm thinking "pretty shabby" isn't half bad in reality.
My day really wasn't that bad. More of a "here is your silver lining" sort of day.

Big bugs is definitely on my list as well. Eww.
ReplyDeleteWow, I forgot all about Unsolved Mysteries. That music would legit creep me out as a kid. And although elevators in general are very safe (for example there are usually 4 or more cables and the odds of one snapping are astronomical) I always feel a tiny sense of dread when those doors close. The only exception? My college has these sweet hydraulic elevators. Very smooth and very little, if any, possibility of plummeting.
ReplyDelete~SP
I have the same fears as you do about your Pooh and Blankie, only they're of two bears I got when I was two, and a blanket my mother knit for me before she passed.
ReplyDelete