It would be that today I'm talking about wants. I've been having wants on the brain for most of the day.
7) To see my friends from college. It's been 18 months, which is far, far, too long. Phone calls, texts, and social media only go so far.
6) A new car. Mine is getting the point where it is time to start thinking in that general direction. Mabel is a good girl, and I don't want to count her out just yet, but I still gotta think about it.
5) All of the seasons of Northern Exposure. One season is hardly enough.
4) To not be so awkward and nervous around people. and figure out why so I don't do it so much.
3) To pay off my student loans so the soul of my first born has a chance.
2) Go to grad school and get my doctorate in American History.
1) Learn how to play the piano and/or guitar.

I agree about the social media. Even though I still live at my school, I have a lot of friends who graduated and moved on...Facebook interaction is much too shallow. Like you, my car is getting up there in years..but I'm not counting Bessie out just yet! (Yes, my little Corolla is named Bessie. Because I love irony).
ReplyDeleteShedding awkwardness and nervousness is an acquired skill. You'll get there.
~SP
For me, the social media is the only way I make friends... So, I'm glad for it, but I do wish it were possible to actually hang out with all my bloggy friends. :(
ReplyDelete