I have become a slacker.
I had all these good intentions for October. I had seven legit things to do and meet people. They were all right up my little nerdy alley.
Then... life happened. Or bitchslapped me depending on how you look at it.
Real life has been insane lately, both professionally and personally (and they are becoming even more entangled than usual). The point of this blog isn't to talk about that, other than to say that it is throwing a curve ball into my plan. I did go to a party last night, but I was too tired and too headachy to even attempt to get my numbers up. I just sat around, talking to friends, in the cool night air sipping some riesling.
To but it quite simply, I don't want to meet anyone right now. I mean, I wouldn't want to meet me right now. I'm just tired and pushed to the max, and that's no fun. Besides, I'm pretty sure that I look like I haven't taken of my mascara in a few days, and we all know how hot that look is. Maybe in a week or so when the latest round of dust settles I'll be up for getting the numbers going again, but right now? Not so much.
There is another cooking class I can go to, as well as another wine tasting (complete with costumes!), so all hope isn't lost quiet yet.
That doesn't sound like slacking to me. Sometimes life just gets in the way of our plans.
ReplyDeleteWhat is it with this October? I've been reading a lot of blogs in these last few days and it seems like everyone had a rough month, myself included. Go figure.
ReplyDelete~SP
October was a rough month all around. Don't blame yourself. I'm pretty sure the earth spun off its axis or something wild.
ReplyDelete