I was still in a debate about having my dad walk me down the aisle. Now, don't get me wrong. I love my father. He is one of the stars in my heavens. However, I don't like the whole symbolism of it. I know, this is where my feminism becomes a pain in the ass. In the end though, I decided it would mean more to him for him to walk me down the aisle than it does for me to walk myself down. When my dad did walk me down the aisle, we came up with "She gives herself freely and on her own accord" for the answer to "Who gives this woman?"
I had my reception at a museum. Yes, I really am that big of a nerd. Seriously, good food (I would have damn good food), good music, and the ability to run amok in a museum? How could it possibly fail?! I went to a formal at a museum in college and I loved the idea. I've never been the same since. Only a slow dance at the start, and after that really no slow dances at all. I always hated that. I mean, if you're with someone, you can dance slow or fast. If you're single, you gotta leave when the slow stuff starts. Not going to happen at my wedding.
Oh yes, and the hypothetical honeymoon. This one is pathetically easy. Madrid. I went there when I was in high school, and have wanted to go back ever since. I even know what hotel I'd want to stay at. There is just something about that city that calls to me...
Anyway, on to the fruits of my searching labor this morning:
![]() |
| The veil. I love the mantilla style. I'm a fan of the old-fashioned flare, obviously. |
![]() |
| The earrings. Simply because I think they're fun and cute and go with the old-fashioned theme. |
![]() |
| The flowers. I know that I want purple for my color, and I would want to have it incorporated into my flowers. I really like the way this looks. |






I love those flowers and the earrings. It was clearly a beautiful wedding. ;)
ReplyDeleteEverything is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYou have cute taste. :)
I am so in love with all of your historical and vintage-inspired stuff! The gown would definitely be fun. And if you decided on getting married any time soon, I'm totally a seamstress who has worked on wedding gowns in the past, and I could totes hook you up. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am so on board with the feminism aisle-walking thing. My parents are divorced, and my biological dad would definitely not walk me down, but having my stepdad do that instead starts to step on my dad's toes, and really, if anyone was to do it, I'd like for it be my mom, since she's actually been here my whole life--but I kind of love the idea of just doing it myself. I don't know, we'll see what happens when I get there. But I agree with you on the "she gives herself freely" front. Also, there will be no "if anyone objects, speak now or forever hold your peace..." That is stupid. You ain't comin' to my wedding just to make a scene. And 'husband and wife,' not 'man and wife.' (I may have thought about this a little.)
:-D!
Props for thinking of the singles in terms of music choices! Very considerate of you.
ReplyDeleteI read this before, I could have sworn I commented lol. I must have forgot.
ReplyDeleteI think you've laid out the basic designs for a fantastic wedding. Everything is very gorgeous and I applaud your choices for music as well as walking down the aisle. "She gives herself freely and of her own accord" is a perfect phrase - clear, concise, and empowering.
The reception at a museum, the choice of bridesmaid dresses, etc. Do you know what makes your wedding features awesome? They're non-traditional. I've been to so many of these cookie-cutter weddings and they all make me so bored. Same old song and chicken dance. I want to see something original! lol
~SP
This sounds like a wonderful wedding -- probably one of the best wedding ideas I've ever heard of. I would love to be a guest at a wedding like that :)
ReplyDeleteAnd the dress and accessories are gorgeous :)