Friday was supposed to be a night at the planetarium. Bust. Turns out you can't see stars in the middle of a rainstorm.
Tuesday, I was supposed to go to a cooking class. Honestly, I just forgot about that one... fail.
Tonight I was going to go to a lecture at a local university. I scraped it, because let's face facts. I'm not going to get any numbers up being the walking snotbomb that I currently am. Also, one cannot eat Edy's lime popsciles or lemon Luigis at a lecture.
On the other hand, I am quite proud of myself. I ended up in quite possibly one of the most awkward social situations ever... which is saying a lot considering who I am. Not once, not freaking once, did I fold my arms across my chest or put my hands on my hips. Ha! Progress.
In other news, a major shout out to Emma at Charcoal Renderings. She is absolutely, positively fabulous and is going to make me a corset based off of this gorgeous thing. So. Flipping. Excited. Anyone who knows me in my real life would totally understand.
![]() |

LISTEN.
ReplyDeleteIt's gonna be amazing. No joke.
I'm looking forward to shopping. :-D
And you are quite fabulous as well, madame! Muah!
Perhaps this was an opportunity for you to step back and take a breather from getting numbers up. Even as a snotbomb you can make steady progress as noted by the way you handled the awkward situation.
ReplyDeleteI would say get well soon, but I'm commenting on this 2 weeks late...so...yeah. Glad to hear you're better?
~SP
Wow! That is a gorgeous corset.
ReplyDeleteAnd stepping back and taking a breather is good, even if it is slightly accidental.
Glad to hear you made progress in your social situation -- having social issues myself, I know how great an accomplishment it is.