They also had a ballet company do two short excerpts from shows they are currently are in rehearsal for. Holy crap do I love to watch en pointe work. I really do. I love the sound the shoes make against the tile. I love watching how tall these people can make themselves. Just the way they are able to move is insane. I mean my ankles are like spaghetti, and I've broken one in several places. It's not something that I would ever be able to do, even with the proper training, which is maybe why I like it so much. That's as close as I would ever get to it.
I didn't really see any men by themselves that I could approach. Just about every man there was either way old, or with a woman. There was one guy that was standing by himself listening to the band play, but he was fiddling with his phone the whole time, and I wouldn't dare think of putting myself between a guy and his phone. I ain't no homewrecker.
I did, however, use tonight as an opportunity to work on breathing, staying calm, and making sure that my arms were down at my side. Actually, it made me think of the part of that movie Ever After when Danielle walks to the prince's ball. As I walked through the exhibits, I focused on keeping my head up, shoulders back, back straight, arms loosely at my side, and giving off a calm and welcoming vibe. Part of the whole getting my numbers up idea is learning more about myself. So, I am learning how to do that on a consistent basis. I am not above taking constructive criticism.
I believe you made a wise call. Your trip down the rabbit hole is about more than numbers; it's about finding ways to enhance yourself to make those numbers matter. And in your last paragraph you did so wonderfully. Plus, isn't there something quite appealing about using hoodie!boy's advice in your quest to move on from him?
ReplyDelete~SP
Agreed. I love that Ever After scene. That moment when you pause, take stock, recenter, and put one foot forward. It's a lovely image. You go, girl.
ReplyDeleteThat scene from Ever After is one of my favourites. It's a lesson all girls should learn.
ReplyDelete:)