See if you can find the pattern...
3) Quills. What isn't to love about this movie? It's a dark, sexy, witty, historical drama that takes place in a French insane asylum. The main players? A priest, a laundress, and the Marquis de Sade.
2) Legends of the Fall. Another dark, sexy historical drama. This is the movie that ruined Benjamin Button for me. In Legends, Julia Ormand is Brad Pitt's lover, in Benjamin, she is his daughter. The whole time I was in the theatre, I couldn't get over that fact.
1) Gladiator. A third dark, sexy historical drama. Did you find the pattern? Anyway, I love this movie so stinkin' much. When this or Cold Mountain (didn't make the movie cut, but I figured since it was in the book section, it still semi counts) would come on when I lived at home, my mother would just count me out for the next three hours...




Great choices.
ReplyDeleteNever saw Benjamin Button, but I can see how that would be an issue! :)
Gladiator's an awesome movie! Hope you enjoy this challenge :) I've done it once before!
ReplyDeletehttp://carrymel.blogspot.com
Now I'm glad I've only watched Legends of the Fall once (and that's when we were roommates!) because I LOVE Benjamin Button and would hate for it to be ruined for me. :)
ReplyDeleteI see the pattern here. Russell Crowe, Brad Pitt, and Kate Winslett...three of Hollywood's leading men.
ReplyDeleteHaha, just kidding. I love Kate.
~SP
LOL @Shane.
ReplyDeleteOut of the three, I have only seen Gladiator, but it is definitely one of my favourite films. Which makes it kind of shocking that I don't own a copy.
The other two sound fantastic... I think I should check them out.